Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Micro Eclipse
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micro Eclipse

Post Thanks / Like

Micro Eclipse

Well it finally came in the mail today. A new Micro Eclipse Chassis from Ripper 7 Racing. Here are the pics.

Front

Mandatory flex shot

The Chassis went together easy. My paint doesn't make me real happy, I'll probably re-do it. I'll have to make up some longer drive shafts, once I think it through. Might just have to get another set of stockers and combine them like I do for the bigger scale rigs, unless someone knows a different way. Next is the micro lock rox and wheel weights from BWD.

Here's a few pics of the first test, Didn't have much to test on ended up using my buddy's car...well here are the pics...

Side hilled the windshield

Side hilled the rear window

Crawled up both the windshield and rear window

And it just looked cool on the windshield wiper

When I get it on thr rocks I'll get some better testing and pics.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Micro Eclipse

A small update on the micro. I made up some bent links from MLST pushrods. They work nicely and use 3m threaded rod. I also "dovetailed" the back end of the chassis to clear the upper links. They used to hit the chassis and limit articulation. Now I have much better belly clearance and plenty of articulation. I'm just waiting on the BWD wheelwight kit and this thing should be awesome. Here's a few pics:

The back of the chassis:

The New lower links:

Front flex:

Rear flex:

Oh yeah, and the Rocklox are mounted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok So there's finally an update on this thing. Got the BWD wideners. Also a set of MQLO tires. Here's how she sits now.

Also a few flex shots.

The wheels are weighted but subject to change. Gotta do some testing. I also have a new servo, might switch but the stocker isn't giving me any trouble yet so it may stay until I get the twitch. Anyway, I think she's pretty much ready for the circus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty good Rick.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good. Can't wait to run against this rig.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you can't wait, I'd be up for a GtG sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    well if me and dirty keep up on "Dirty Rik's Frame Twister", it should be done in 2 or 3 weeks. i'm hoping to be able to comp on it in the beggining to mid december...if everyone is ready that is

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome do the MQLO tires fit the stock rims?....RIK I'm ready with my ghetto widow maker that's what I call it now lol
    Last edited by King-Crawler1212; 11-15-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by King-Crawler1212 View Post
    RIK I'm ready with my ghetto widow maker that's what I call it now lol
    now THATS what i like to hear. lol

and rick, what wheels are those? bwd?

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, they're the stockers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast