Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
who says PL TSL's won't work on RC4WD Steelies?

Thread: who says PL TSL's won't work on RC4WD Steelies?

Post Thanks / Like

who says PL TSL's won't work on RC4WD Steelies?

I picked up a set of RC4WD Steel 1.9's finally after wanting them since they came out and i also grabbed a set of the new Proline TSL SX's just because i had to. I knew it said on RC4WD's sight that there wheels don't work with Proine but i saw people putting flatirons on them using PVC inserts and figured it would be no big deal, But after doing some research i kept reading people saying that the TSL's just flat out don't work with the Steelies even with the insert mod.

Well of course i had to try so i cut a piece of PVC a little smaller than the original insert and sure enough i couldn't get the tire to seat for the life of me. Not to be deterred i started looking at the tire closely and noticed the inside of the bead was beveled. Well i needed to see how Proline does it so i took apart one of my buddies wheels so see how the locking mechanism worked. Just as i thought, there was a bevel on the inside of the locking ring and it suddenly hit me how easy the answer was.

All i needed to do was machine a bevel on the inside of the piece of PVC so the tire bead could sit properly.

Here is the tire all fitted up

and here it is mounted on my old comp truck turned scale truck

I was so happy i got it to work! they just look amazing! Next is paint and i'm going to look into SCH 80 Steel pipe locking rings instead of the PVC to add weight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Re: who says PL TSL's won't work on RC4WD Steelies?

Nice and super cool looking.
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    * Tried that Jeep thing, and now it burns when I pee. *
    ----------
    Support the website!
    I have an online reality show about RC's and the life around it.

Follow my addiction: http://rcaddict.us

If this post has helped you then click the reputation button below.