Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello from the Poconos

i maybe a noob but i have 9 posts
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dingo is up and operational. We are getting 3-4 hours of run time on it a week since Christmas and having a blast. Little odds and ends are getting tweaked as break, bend and learn.

Once I get it to where I am happy with it Ill take some pictures and share the build.

It looks like a second rig is in the future. I didn't realize how capable the son has become. He has his eyes set on a pickup, so either a powerwagon or honcho is coming home in March.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post
    The dingo is up and operational. We are getting 3-4 hours of run time on it a week since Christmas and having a blast. Little odds and ends are getting tweaked as break, bend and learn.

Once I get it to where I am happy with it Ill take some pictures and share the build.

It looks like a second rig is in the future. I didn't realize how capable the son has become. He has his eyes set on a pickup, so either a powerwagon or honcho is coming home in March.
    That is the problem with scalers, you can't stop at one

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

3. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ditchrat View Post

That is the problem with scalers, you can't stop at one

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's the problem with all rc cars and trucks. you start out with one then get a few then you end up with over 65 like me.
    I need help. serious help

6. Likes JSLICK, Quirk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mr4x4king View Post
    That's the problem with all rc cars and trucks. you start out with one then get a few then you end up with over 65 like me.
    I need help. serious help
    Seriously, isn't that just the way.
    We are a HO slot car family. We started with 4 cars and now I have 130.
    RC is pricier but is no different. Started out with one Teton for the boy, but running alone wasn't fun so we bought one for me. The we got a slickrock, the back yard is a rock crawlers dream. Lots of woods, a swamp/pond, and 500 ft of farm stone piles.
    Again one wasn't enough so we got the scx10, but the slickrock was to slow for trailing so now a second is coming.

That will be 5 in a year. Of coarse I can't keep anything stock. You know what screw it the kid is learning how to use tools and we spends more time driving around the house then on the video games or watching TV.

8. Likes Quirk liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Always good to see RC as a family hobby. Did you even pick up a honcho? If you did I have some carbon fiber links links i would like to send your way. They are stock lengths, i took them as a trade and ended up selling the project before I ever used them. Not really worth selling since they are stock replacements so ive been looking for somebody that might use them and you are probably an ideal person to take them.

If you want them pm me a place to send them, be warned that when you start upgrading thats when the credit card comes out and the little lady gets upset lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    The boy waivered back and forth between the honcho and the powerwagon. I finally had to step in and explain to him if he got the deadbolt he would have extra money to spend on upgrades. So he said get the deadbolt, and then promptly spent the extra money on a winch, materials to make links, a grill for the deadbolt, leds and some scale items.

Thanks for the offer on the links, by the time I saw this we had already taken care of that.

It has definitely turned into a family hobby, much to my wifes delight. Every night I take the boy and our trucks back into the woods(we have an acre of rocks and woods), to which the little girl always wants to come with. We spend about 1800 Mah worth of time each night. In return the wife gets an hour to an hour in a half alone, she likes that.

The little girl is getting into to it also. She just requested and got a new paint job on my slickrock, sorry her slickrock appearently, to purple.

The wallet isn't taking that bad of a hit. I am lucky to be handy, and we fab up as much as possible, from links and beef tubes to hand winding motors

11. Likes onebullet liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12