Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
wireless winch range - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wireless winch range

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetate12 View Post
    Source for said resistors?.......cause I was gonna go to radio shack.....lol

Sent from a big fat phone
    Simjunkie is the electronic guru.

You can try RatShack resistors just to get an idea how they work, they aren't garbage, they work just fine for many applications. Doing a practice servo board with a cheapo servo is better than experimenting on a more expensive board. The common value seems to be 2.2 k Ohm resistors

install_resistors-300x229.jpg
    FDOYLPCGSYEQACY.MEDIUM.jpg

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks quirk. If the winch still creeps after the resistors are on you can tweak the signal value by moving the micro step options on the controller if it is so equipped. Even though that channel is a 3 position switch the signal itself is still PWM(pulse width modulation - a value of 0 - 255) Due to the fact of 5% or 1% tolerances that's generally why you have some form of creep on the winch.

It's possible to build your own winch controller with an mega128 chip and an hbridge chip which generally costs about $2 of parts and a few hours only tinkering. The size is a bit bigger than conventional winch controllers but then you can guarantee yourself no creep ever. And then you can add in cool light options like turning your four ways on when you start the winch up...

3. Thanks rik thanked for this post
    Likes rik liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SimJunkie View Post
    Thanks quirk. If the winch still creeps after the resistors are on you can tweak the signal value by moving the micro step options on the controller if it is so equipped. Even though that channel is a 3 position switch the signal itself is still PWM(pulse width modulation - a value of 0 - 255) Due to the fact of 5% or 1% tolerances that's generally why you have some form of creep on the winch.

It's possible to build your own winch controller with an mega128 chip and an hbridge chip which generally costs about $2 of parts and a few hours only tinkering. The size is a bit bigger than conventional winch controllers but then you can guarantee yourself no creep ever. And then you can add in cool light options like turning your four ways on when you start the winch up...
    don, you're great. i have no idea what you just said. lol but i want to make one now. ever the mad scientist, you are. muwahahahaha!

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    simjunkie I actually know what your talking about ....most all interior stuff in car as well as a lot of engine control devices are PWM ...and thanks for posting those pics quirk cause I got half way there....hahaha.....now I know how the resistor attach....heres what I have

I have had it hooked to my third channel and zeroed out it doesn't creek at all.......I figure I can un solder this motor solder some small leads in and it should work just fine....and it about the same size as a 3racing controller

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    don, you're great. i have no idea what you just said. lol but i want to make one now. ever the mad scientist, you are. muwahahahaha!
    Aww shucks man... Can't wait to drink some more wild crow or whatever that stuff was with you. I think I'm still hung over for 2 years now

7. Likes cjsmith4 liked this post
    Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I must have gotten a bum setup.....i had ordered 2 of these to begin with and I just got the second one and it works from across the room....now I can't return the first one due to.the water proofing....ken has one waterproofed and its fine......oh well

Sent from a big fat phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I read that some worked fine after waterproofing and some didn't.

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12