Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

steves gelande 2 build - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: steves gelande 2 build

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will do quirk....it is pretty snowy.....im.hoping it not too deep ....lol.....aww what the hell I need to make it to otts for paint anyway......lol...well see

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    well little steve knew he was gonna freeze sunday I mean look at his face

this is how I took it out

current set up

it did great ....its actually not really top heavy at all

3. Likes rik, JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice to see another landy around. looks good.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dude I love this thing...very scale and it handles better than it looks like it supposed to....lol

Sent from a big fat phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stevetate12 View Post
    Dude I love this thing...very scale and it handles better than it looks like it supposed to....lol

i have the first gen gelande, those needed a few things before they held up. Naturally those driveshafts are flat out garbage, mine failed nearly instantly as well. The yota axles are a nice touch, first gen came t rex 60 axles and they were meh. I personally would have stuck with the dirt grabbers but thats me. The first gen came with mud pluggers and those didnt last very long before they were swapped out. Hope to see your landy on the trail.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah drive shafts are on the list the rear one had a u-joint fall apart the first time i took it out ....i have a komodo u-joint on rc4wd shafts with aluminum rings shoo gooed on and it working great.....lol.....the list so far is drive shafts/sliders/winch bumper /and some tubing or a roof rack of some sort........i put the tomohawks on to raise it a little ....ill have to post some newer pics

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok pics to come but I did destroy the front drive shaft on this thing due to a messed up dog bone in the front axle that also took out an axle bearing....butbthe good news is ....even the trail damage on this thing is really scale.....l

Post Thanks / Like
    Pictures or it didn't happen...... LOL

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bwahahahaha.....ill get some up today....lol.....

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    well I went out to ringing rocks on my own last sunday and had some fun a small lift and some bigger tires were no problem

I took it out after work yesterday and popped the front drive shaft......when I was taking it apart I noticed the whole axle was binding and found this

I have some extra bearing and axial shafts will work for now

what I think happened is the dog bone pin shifted which prolly took out the bearing...theres nothing left of the bearing and the inner race is still stuck on the axle that has a cracked drive cup.....cvd axles are on the way.....lol

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast