Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Quirked Blazer

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gotcha.....i may to make adjustments to my little plan....lol...thanks man

Sent from my PI39100 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Do some searches here on my tube builds, I have done a bunch (some don't have a build thread here) but you can get an idea of what it takes.

The cost of supplies for doing tube work has more than doubled in the past year, so plan accordingly, it is not cheap. I don't know if you have a torch, but propane is slower and it too cold for some applications. You will need MAPP (new formula), acetylene, or an oxy setup if you plan on a large project.
    I use an acetylene setup for most and back up with a MAPP torch for certain things.

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah that was gonna be my next question ...ive worked for 20+ years as a dealer tech so im familiar with the map and acetylene .......however ive never learned to braze anything really so that will need a learning curve.....lol.....at least i have a starting point ive been told its like soldering just hotter...is that about right?....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes.. Kind of. You need to get the metal cherry and you can't fill easily. Harris works by capillary action, the tighter the joint the better. The bigger issue is brazing small pieces, on dissimilar metal and size pieces, if you overheat one piece the flux will turn black and the material will not stick. You will have too strip all the black gunk off and start again. I learned quick because I rarely ever use one size material ( can't stand how generic things look when it is all the same size)

If you use brass rod then you can fill, but it takes even more heat. RCC has some videos

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    sweet......will do some research before i start buying stuff......lol.....just like here at work.......first thought is always...."well how hard could it be?"........lol........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123