Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Kreeper's Creeper!

Thread: Kreeper's Creeper!

Post Thanks / Like

Kreeper's Creeper!

Hey guys,

I have acquired a venom creeper safari in a trade. I have decided to run it in 2.2s. The rig was basically a roller with some issues. I had permanently locked the rears, I am running a waterproof hpi sc-15 esc with dragbrake, I have a savox 0251 steering servo, and running a 2.4ghz traxxas tq 2 channel.

I knew right away had to get rid of the landcruiser body and chassis topper. So I went out and got a Proline Baja bug. I also got the hpi esc, till I find out what is going on with my tekin rs esc.

So this is the first body I ever did a 2 part paint job.

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided on a fluorescent green and a tan that sometimes looks od green.

Post Thanks / Like

Info

So I don't paint a lot of bodies, I used the masks that came with the body. Somehow they lifted and curled back on the corners of the windshield and back window just enough to piss me off, Its not enough to throw away the body and kick it and stomp on it. Def very mad about the masks, I will use my own masking next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I got the body cut, At first I left the fenders on and just kinda lined it up to see where I needed to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Photos

I then took a dremel and cut off the fenders and seeing that the tires would hit upon flexing. I cut off the front and the rear and kept that nice rounded curve. I then set the body back on and spaced it up a little to almost where I needed to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good Jake. Next time use a hair dryer on the masks after you apply them. Once you have them warm go along the edges real good with your finger. When you lay your first coat, just do a light one around the edges to seal them up.

P.S...........................don't forget to remove the over spray film before applying and decals.
    2.2P-XR10 YTC Secret Agent
    2.2S-Turbotech Prodigy
    Class 2-SCX10

Post Thanks / Like
    I got out the drill and marked the body. Now it's mounted and looks nice in my opinion. Here are some flex shots:

Post Thanks / Like

Run

So it was all dry, and slightly drizzling outside. Thought to myself waterproof, Ok taking it out to the wall:

Post Thanks / Like
    Then I brought it in, dried it off and applied my stickers not too many but just enough. I also hand painted the motor area, I only had a select few colors to work with:

As I do more to the creeper I will update. Thanks for looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToRC View Post
    Looking good Jake. Next time use a hair dryer on the masks after you apply them. Once you have them warm go along the edges real good with your finger. When you lay your first coat, just do a light one around the edges to seal them up.

P.S...........................don't forget to remove the over spray film before applying and decals.

Ha Ha Ha that was so long ago, I told myself that will never happen again. Yes I took the over spray film off before applying the decals.. Thanks for the reminder that everyone who went to les's knows that I decaled a t-maxx without taking off the film....