Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

my dually build
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: my dually build

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like

my dually build

ok this is my first ever build thread so if it seems amateurish (spell check please)......then forgive me....lol....making a frame from aluminum c-channel and using a crew cab Silverado body I have laying around..... still gathering parts....the plan was to use honcho length links keep the trans in relation to the front axle the same as a honcho and move the rear axle back using a driveshaft extender..... however it loos like im gonna have to use a transfer case due to the front drive shaft being at to steep of an angle to work....(anybody have a transfer case that will fit in space 2" wide?....lol).....any way heres my progress....hehe..

[URL=http://s1341.photobucket.com/user/stevetate12/media/WP_001200_zps6328e18f.jpg.html][/URL]

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    if this is the wrong place to post this im sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a good start. Why not abandon the SCX skid and make a custom mount to drop the trans some? The trans can stand up a little, if doesn't need to sit flat on the stock mounts? Another option may be a RC4WD Hammer transfer case? They are narrow and you could stand it up if needed

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually already have I cross brace made for the trans...problem is the spur or the motor will hit the frame rail if I could mount the trans tlited with the out puts sitting lower it would Prolly work....just haven't tried it yet.....only other thing I thought of was to mount a tcase between the rails and drive it from the trans mounted forward sitting on top of the rails

Sent from my PI39100 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice start!

Wes

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys I just tried something else I think I can make a bracket to mount the trans in its side should work that way....pics when it's in

Sent from my PI39100 using Tapatalk

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    made some progress thanks to quirk for the transfer case.....heres what I have so far

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like

still have to work on pinion angles and I may have to shorten the primary drive shaft but im happy with where this is headed....I may just put semi tires on it

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great, keep up the good work

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    very cool build. keep it up

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast