Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Class 1 Jero cc-01 build

Thread: Class 1 Jero cc-01 build

Post Thanks / Like

Class 1 Jero cc-01 build

Hey everyone,

I recently got a Tamiya cc-01 jero for free.

I was reading and finding useful information on rcc, certain mods, and tips and tricks to make these great scalers. So I decided to build a class 1 scaler with my cc-01.

This truck was not driven, no scratches, dings, chips or anything wrong with it. It had in the original electronics, everything except a servo.

Yesterday: I shaved down the knuckles so they would droop a little further, and I also locked the front/rear. I also shaved off the steering stops, so I could get full lock on the steering.

Tonight: I started to take off the brick.

Here are some photos:

Post Thanks / Like

Photos

So as I stated I began to take off the brick:

I also cut the fenders a little higher for a cleaner look:

I got out the plasti-weld and glued on the front for a nice clean look:

I will be running a fm venom Receiver and transmitter, It has a throttle hold on it like a dragster:

I plan on making full skid plates tomorrow.

Stay tuned and thanks for looking.

3. Likes brazwewn, JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    take that venom Receiver and transmitter and SMASH IT WITH SOMETHING HEAVY! IT WILL FAIL! (AS MINE DID MANY TIMES) And the 2.4 is no better.

Post Thanks / Like

Updates

So after removing the brick, I noticed I made it flat and the wheels didn't stick out past it, so I re did the entire thing:

Then, I completed a suspension lift, using small polymer spacers. I purchased them at lowes. The left side of the photo is lifted:

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the spacer I used:

Here, the rear is completely done:

Side shot of it lifted:

Semi flex shot:

Post Thanks / Like

Photos

Here is with the body on in its original mounting holes:

So I decided, I will run this in class 1 with a truck body, for now this jero is good for g6's, gtg's, and trail rides with friends. That's why there is walker evans 1.9's on it. So after deciding this, I began to work on the jero body to the clear the 1.9's. I trimmed off the fender flares and that was all I had to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    So after installing electronics, and getting a lipo to fit original battery slot, I took it out tonight and got some crawling shots:

Post Thanks / Like

photos

Some more:

Some under the body:

Flex on workbench:

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got sick 2 days ago, and tonight was first night I felt ok to work on cc, Tomorrow and tomorrow night I plan on drawing up some skids, and doing a 4 link conversion. I might put a slight longer shock on the rear.

Thanks for watching...

11. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are those the tires your looking to use in class 1? What's the height on those? Max tire height is 4.19 FOR Class 1 if I recall correctly.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc