Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Turbo's bully 2

Thread: Turbo's bully 2

Post Thanks / Like

Turbo's bully 2

Here we go. The all new RC4WD Bully 2 MOA competition axles. I've been involved with the design process for these axles since the first brain storm about 2 years ago. I've been driving the prototype versions around since before christmas and they performed reall well!! They have gone through alot of design changes and alot of prototyping and now they are finally here.

The goal with these was to bring to the table a wallet freindly, yet competition level axle straight out of the box and I think we really achieved that goal with the new Bully 2's.

There are alot of nice features built into these axles. Splined adjustable c-hubs, knuckles are already designed for future knuckle weight holders, the gears have all been lightened, the shock/link mounts are very adjustable both upper and lower, the ground clearance under the "pumpkin" is pretty respectable, there are alot of available tapped holes for future elec/battery mounts to be installed...etc etc.

I built mine up using a Sniper V2 chassis with custom cross braces and SCX10 shocks with jeepindoug/mini-t combo. I went with some ECD Wheels and OTTSIX VooDoo Silver tires with CI closed cell foams. I bent up lower links using 3/16" dia. titanium links from Vanquish Products and used some 6161 .049 wall 3/16" dia. aluminum uppers.

The rig worked awesome throughout the entire prototpying phase so theres no reason why it wont now. I pretty much just took everything apart, got a new chassis and the production axles and It's getting a fresh start.

I am gonna continue the trend of using all new parts and will be getting some BR-minis and new motors from Holmes Hobbies asap.

Heres some pics of where it sits at the moment.

I also made a little battery holder. It mounts using 3 of the 6 holes that are already drilled and tapped on top of the gearbox...these holes make mounting accessories like this very easy!!

Much Much Much more to come on this rig as well as alot of competition use.

TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX
    GSRCRC 2008 - 2013 2.2 & SUPER CLASS CHAMP!!
    2012 OVERALL NATIONAL CHAMP!

2. Thanks JSLICK thanked for this post
    Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tha looks awesome. It would be nice to have a set of axles that actually work out of the box.

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    It will never work. Lol.
    GSRCRC Presidente-2007 GSRCRC 2.2 Champ, 2008 GSRCRC 2.2 2nd place
    Team Brood driver. White Lotus Terror Squad,Ottsixx team driver
    2.2 Proto T1E XR10
    1.9 Losi Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks awesome.

Wes