Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Building a class 1for fall season - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Building a class 1for fall season

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe a panhard bar up front would stop the swing when turning?

Im not a huge fan of the mini based class 1 but yours is coming along nicely.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

2. Thanks kubar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bracing and a front bumper to hold the front rails together would help. A panhard setup couldnt hurt.

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

4. Thanks kubar thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two options here. A metal brace that runs a few inches past the servo. Second would be to re-cut the one side so it is way thicker. The pan hard will help, but you would probably still get some twist. I had this same problem on my G6 rig. Ended up swapping to aluminum.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the advice! I put this peice in tonight and it seems to be helping. still having issues. Going to cut another piece of delrin bar stock tomorrow and slide it behind between the rails but behind the shocks (if that makes sense) hopefully that will keep everything square in the back? Also gives me a spot to mount eletronics. Will see how it does this weekend, If it fails horribly sunday im going to re cut the rails!

this truck is all trial and error, Quirk, next step is to start working on a styrene body ! one step at a time

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see some styrene scraps start flying!!!

THE MASTER!!

8. Likes kubar liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the body fitter tonight just a little bit more to do and will be ready to roll for sat. Steering isn't solved by any means but it steers for now. Should be interesting as always. The blue paint is darker, got washed out a bit with the lights and flash.

I would like to styrene some toolboxes under the bed to close up the back of the cab

10. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for some ideas. Need an idea on how to mount this styrene on either side.

was going to take a piece of 90 degree styrene and screw it to the brass but I seem to be out of 90 deg styrene

Post Thanks / Like
    Screw a piece of 0.25x0.25 styrene to the underside of the bed, then bond your outer panel to that. You may be able to use smaller square stock but the 0.25" sq gives plenty of surface to bond to

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have an update or two and some questions, first the updates

got some new wheels and tires. not too impressed with the machining quality of the wheels but they are nice and they clamped together OK.

Also picked up one of these bad boys. Always was jealous of the guys on YouTube with the sound units in their rigs, this thing sounds pretty good and I think it has good options and a wide range of downloads. We will see.

heres what the inside of the box looks like

and here is what you get.

----

Next is my question.

Put these wheels and tires on and while trying out the sounds unit, the wheels have a TON of wobble in them. I am wondering if there is an easy fix for this ? Somethings I'm missing ? I can make a video, it may be easier to see.

Also the axles have a lot of slop ( I think it is a lot ) in them I assume there is a fix for this as well ?

Thanks in advance for the information !

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the wheel but bottoming out on the threads on the shaft before making engagement with the wheel. In other words is the area where the nut rests on the wheel thinner. Might just need a washer.

Wes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast