Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Turbo's axial jk rubicon - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Turbo's axial jk rubicon

Post Thanks / Like
    Got some long awaited parts in the mail yesterday! First of them is some R2J FSL-2 JK Rock Sliders. These things are awesome!! They have alot of functions. They look amazing, they open up alot of real estate for electronics/battery mounting and they give the sides of the floppy JK body alot of support! Awesome!

Next on the list is a Vanquish Products Rigid 6" LED Light Bar and Mounts!! This combo is completely SICK!! I have a couple more lighting doo-dads I want to put on this truck before I wire it all up.

And the JK with it's new digs! Definitely getting there...

I also got these, but thats gonna be another round...hopefully tonite or tomorrow
    Creation Fab, Splined, Standard Width Delrin Beef Tubes. These combined with some XR10 Unis, VP C-hubs/Knucks & VP Lockers will make for a happy front end

Stay tuned...
    TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX
    GSRCRC 2008 - 2013 2.2 & SUPER CLASS CHAMP!!
    2012 OVERALL NATIONAL CHAMP!

2. Thanks JSLICK thanked for this post
    Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Those sliders are really nice. What a simple yet effective design.

Wes

4. Likes TURBOFEST liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a couple hours last night and decided to tackle the front axle mods. We all know that the stock steering with the dog bones kind of..well...it sucks, so, I wanted more. Now I could have just bought some CVD's. There are plenty of options out there for them, but for some reason this route just appealed to me.

The list of parts consists of the follwing:
    - Stock Axial AX10 Axle housing
    - Creation Fab, Standard width, Splined Delrin Beef Tubes
    - Vanquish Products No Slop Lockers
    - Vanquish Products Wrath/XR10 C-hubs (Gray)
    - Vanquish Products Wraith Knuckles (Gray)
    - Axial XR10 Universals
    - Axial 36/14 Overdrive Ring & Pinion gears
    & VP Grease

Here is a pic of the stock AX10 axles steering capability with Dogbones for comparison:

Throw all those parts into the Pot and bring to a boil...Turn down the heat and simmer for 2-3 hours and WHALAAAA...EPIC STEERING!!

That is a picture of the actual usable steering. I haven't decided whether I am going to clearance the Uni's for even more steering. I probably wont. I think this will be plenty.
    TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you ever get this rig finished? It was looking killer, i want to see if it all finished.
    Wraith RTR ultra 4 style
    Wraith Poision Spyder
    SCX-10 JK rubicon (for the kid)

Post Thanks / Like
    It is finished and he took 1st place at the NENQ with it..
    His build on Rcc is updated..
    Let's do some Crawlering!
    Team Holmes Hobbies
    Team BmachineRC
    Team Krazed Builds
    Team PURPMART

8. Likes bmf liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, Nationals and vacations are all behind me. Now I can get back to my projects. I ordered up some more goodies from Vanquish. I needed to replace the stock plastic shock mounts on the chassis and I also wanted a matching spare. Dezmoon hooked up a single Pitbull Rockbeast and The Vanquish OMF beadlock was ordered to fill the hole in said tire. I'm gonna throw in a Holmes hobbies 13t Crawlmaster to get the wheels turning properly! I also need to finish off the rear axle with a VP locker and underdrive Axial Ring & Pinion.

Time to get to work...

TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX

Post Thanks / Like
    The Tie-rod is 152mm eye to eye and I made it from some 3/16" 7075 aluminum rod with 10-24 threads died on each end and tapped revo rod ends. This is hands down my new favorite method for creating links. The drag link is 92mm +/- eye to eye. I'm going to be making a 4 or 5 mm shorter drag link before I call it done just to allow the servo some more movement before it hits the frame rail. I also had to reduce the length of my track bar to make it the same length as the drag link. The angle of the drag link relative to the track bar is still slightly off, but I have a fix for that too. With the Tie-rod mounted under the wraith knuckle arms, the revo ends act as a nice steering stop so the XR unis don't over steer and get bound up. It was a nice accidental discovery

TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the Fender flares mounted up on the body. I moved the front flare up about 1/4" and back about 1/8" and the rear is moved way back and up as well. I like the way it looks with the flares on it. Heres a couple shots with the flares. You can get a decent idea of how much flake is in this paint...it really pops in the sun.

I also mounted up the VP OMF beadlock/Pitbull Rockbeast spare on the stock carrier.

I don't see this rear bumper/spare tire carrier staying on this rig. It's like a wet noodle and the tire is not very secure at all. I'm thinking of picking this bumper/carrier up from RC4WD. It looks pretty good and I'm sure it'll be much more sturdy that the stock plastic one. Plus, it says Sniper designed it so how could it be bad??

TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I pulled the trigger on a new rear bumper for the JK. As stated in the post above, I couldnt stand how flimsy the stock bumper and spare tires carrier was. I saw this Tough Armor Bumper on the RC4WD site and wanted to give it a try.

Here it is, fresh out of the box:

It mounted up pretty easily. I just had to drill out the stock bumper bracket locating hole so I could use another M3 screw and nut. It's ultra sturdy compared to the original plastic bumper and the spare tires carrier doesn't flop around like a wet noodle. One thing I wasn't sure about when I purchased it, was whether or not it would tuck up to the body better that the stocker. Well, it fits up against the body nice and snug so the rear approach angle will be improved as well. All in all, I'd say this was a Massive improvement for anyone thats unhappy with the stock rear bumper on the JK Rubicon.

TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX

Post Thanks / Like
    I was initially going to mount my battery on one of the sliders, but after some deliberation, I decided to make a tray for it to go in between the front shock towers. Out came the dremel and some scrap 1/16" carbon fiber and a new battery tray was born. Carbon fiber just makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeefan View Post
    Nice build! How much bump steer does your JK have with the servo mounted like that? I didn't realize the Vanquish cross member was also a servo mount. Those sliders are something else I haven't seen before, but could definitely find a use for. Thanks for sharing your project. The color is pretty awesome too.

I am going to have to rethink my track bar mount so I can shorten my track bar. Its still about 1/4" to long so there is a very very slight bit of bump steer going on.

The Vanquish CMS mount is a really nice piece. Ties everything together really nicely!

The Sliders from SHon over at R2J are simply AWESOME!! They are definitely one of my favorite parts on this build. Simple and extremely effective...Perfect!
    TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast