Warning: Function create_function() is deprecated in ..../showthread.php(2406) : eval()'d code on line 4
i need esc and motor for my wraith....help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need esc and motor for my wraith....help

Post Thanks / Like

i need esc and motor for my wraith....help

I need a motor and esc for my wraith and I have no clue what to get. I have been reading and reading and reading and still have no clue. im not a comp guy. I just wanna take it outside and run it. I want to slow crawl but still have enough speed to do hills and get myself out of a jam. i don't know if i should run brushed or brushless sensored or sensorless this is crazy. i was looking at picking up a mmp but i have no clue what motor. i would like the tekin pro4 but holy crap there expensive. then i figured i would jus get a tekin crawler combo then i F up and go read somemore and find the HH br-xl and HH motor is the same price so should i do that......gggrrrrrrr someone help me please...!

Post Thanks / Like
    i havent used many but my stock axial esc set up works great and has been for over a yr now probably the cheapest way too

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sergio is right axial rtr esc with the 20 or 27t brushed motor will be just fine for what ya wanna do....if you put a brushless system in there it would have to be sensored for you to be happy crawling with it and they are tough to waterproof and expensive...

Post Thanks / Like
    Sensored brushless motors are nice, but they do cost more. Remember you get what you pay for with RC electronics.

In my opinion: If you will play in the mud or water you can't go wrong with a waterproof BRXL and a moderately priced brushed motor. All depends on your budget.

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If its going to get used a lot you can't go wrong with brushless - would look at mmpro and a sensored motor.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be in mud and water im sure of it. i can waterproof the mmp. i was going to order the waterproof brxl but the waterproof version on has a 60 day warranty where the non waterproof version has a 1 year which the mmp also has a 1 year warranty. im going to look into the stock axial esc but what about motor? i wanna slow it down my main thing is crawlin i wanna creep not bash.

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    My personal choice .... For the sake of price/usability....and I may change my mind after doing a few comps...would be a castle sv3 sidewinder and a brushed motor 27t or higher with a castle link card...use the card to set the esc to brushed set the drag brake to 100% and coil up the center motor wire the sv3 is water proof and so are brushed motors...brushless stuff is a pain if you have a need for being waterproof......i think the mmp in a crawler is overkill....would Prolly work great in my exo terra save for the weak bec castle is known for ....i have 2 sv3 sidewinders and they've been great for crawling and going fast

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a brxl with a 27t crawl master. its a great combo. i did re-gear to 87t spur and i run a 18 or 16t pinion depending on what i am doing. the 16 and it crawls like a champ and wont over heat the motor. i run the 18t on the scale dash and trail running and its still crawls well but has some speed to it.

i should add, i am building another one. a poison spider version that will be for speed. more of a g6/ scale dash rig and i want to make my original wraith more for crawling.

i maybe a noob but i have 9 posts
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would use either the BRXL or stock AE-2 esc with a Novak Terra Claw 35T. These will work great for what you are doing, and they're relatively cheap. 87 spur with 16 pinion will give you the torque you want with descent wheel speed. Happy Bashing!

Sage member
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have never seen one of those brxl esc....it looks like a rebranded castle esc....i know the ae2 is made by castle ....which is cheaper I may get one of these things

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast