Thread: MOA Dual motor w/1 ESC & Dig question

i maybe a noob but i have 9 posts
    Post Thanks / Like

Question MOA Dual motor w/1 ESC & Dig question

Hello fellow MOA veterans! I was wondering if these electronics can work together or if anyone has had any experience with single ESC/dual motor/dig set ups.
    My ESC is a Dynamite Tazer 12T WP in crawler mode and I want to connect it to a RC4WD rocker dig & 2 Brood Apocalypse 35T motors. I will be using a Savox SA-1230 sg servo & I will be getting a modded Flysky GT3B TX/RX to complete the set up. I'm also going to be moving to 2s LiPo's. My question is, can this esc handle the load? What would be a good, small LiPo for my application? I also just got a Hitec X1 charger for the batteries. I'm new to Lipo's and Moa's, so please be gentle! Thanks!

Here's the Tazer 12T wp stats:
    input voltage: 4 to 7 cell(4.8 - 8.4 volts)DC
    peak current: 380A
    cont. current: 38A
    full-on resistance: 0.0028 ohms
    frequency: 1 kHz
    BEC output:5.6 volts DC, 1 amp max
    motor limit: 12T and above
    overload protection: Thermal, stall & over-voltage

Post Thanks / Like
    ESC should be able to handle it. I don't know much about the Tazer, but give it a try.
    You will need a BEC to complete your electronics, the internal BEC will not be able to handle the draw. Do you intend to compete? If so a small Lipo like a 1000 MaH would work good, some people are running smaller MaH, but you may have to change batt after every run. Weight is a factor if you compete. If you are running for fun a Lipo 1000 -1350MaH would work fine, you have to see what size fits on your truck. Your ESC looks like it can only handle a 2S Lipo, so the batts will be small anyway. Eventually you will want to make the jump to 3S, you will love the wheelspeed.

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Quirk! I'm going to be running for fun at first so I'll try the tazer on 2s to see how it performs before getting a better esc and 3s. I think the cc 10a bec should suffice. Thanks for the tips

Post Thanks / Like
    This will work great.
    CC-BEC_1.jpg

Does that ESC have a low voltage cutoff?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure. It doesn't say that it does anywhere in the manual or even mention low-v cut-off. It only mentions the stats listed above. I also have an old AE-2 from my Wraith. Could that be used if this one fails? I'm not sure about the specs of the AE-2....That pic of the BEC is the one I wanted!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just use the AE2, it has a Lipo cutoff built it

THE MASTER!!

7. Thanks Backyard Basher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ae-2 is 2s ONLY it will put up with 3s but not long, take a hammer to the rc4wd dig unit and get a punk dig. (you will at some point) lol

9. Thanks Backyard Basher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm only going to be using 2s for now, but whats wrong with the dig I got? Is it crap? A couple people in some forums I read mentioned they were using them with no problems. Do they break easy or what? I looked at the punk digs but they just look like a circuit board with no protection and require some soldering(I'm horrible at it), so I went with the rocker. I do love smashing things with a hammer, but not usually new, unopened stuff, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Backyard Basher View Post
    I'm only going to be using 2s for now, but whats wrong with the dig I got? Is it crap? A couple people in some forums I read mentioned they were using them with no problems. Do they break easy or what? I looked at the punk digs but they just look like a circuit board with no protection and require some soldering(I'm horrible at it), so I went with the rocker. I do love smashing things with a hammer, but not usually new, unopened stuff, lol.
    The Rocker digs were hit and miss, if you got a good one it worked, if not it was a paper weight. Punk digs just flat out worked, I had 4 of them and all worked flawlessly out of the bag.
    If you got it new, then try it out quick so you can return it, if it turns out to be a clunker

THE MASTER!!

12. Thanks Backyard Basher thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found out that the Tazers' LiPo mode is in fact the low voltage cutoff. I can't try the dig yet, because I don't have a 3ch rx/tx yet.