Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

New to me Jeep - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New to me Jeep

Post Thanks / Like
    looks like you had a good time. beautiful scenery too.

Post Thanks / Like
    it was awesome down there. 3 solid days of wheeling for at least 5-6 hours a day. Couldn't beat it. Minus the Tennessee summer heat. That part was awful!

3. Likes rik liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I want to be a photographer in my next life. This stuff is too fun. I took this Tuesday night after those crazy storms. It was taken pretty close to St. Peters.

In other news. Many of you know about the electrical problems the Jeep has been having. Started it one night and the ESP, BAS, Emergency Brake, and Check Engine lights were all illuminated on the dash. I did quite a bit of research, and by the looks of it, it has something to do with the ABS Control Module. I unplugged the battery for a time to reset all the computer systems and all the lights went off for a few drives. Then they all came back. This makes me think it is not the control module itself because why would it work for a short time. I believe instead, it is the software that controls the Module. Called the dealer today because apparently they are the only ones that can work on this type of stuff and was told there is a $100/hour diagnostics fee, and if it is a simple re-flash of the software, it is another $100. Here is to hoping they work quick!!

Post Thanks / Like
    The engine code lights will go away after you disconnect and reconnect the battery because it clears the codes. The issue didnt go away temporarily though, It just takes a few drives for the computer to recognize it again. So, there is a good chance that it is in fact that module. If it's a cheap part, just change it and see.
    TEAM TCS
    TEAM VP
    TEAM HOLMES HOBBIES
    TEAM WHITE LOTUS
    TEAM RC4WD
    TEAM OTTSIX
    GSRCRC 2008 - 2013 2.2 & SUPER CLASS CHAMP!!
    2012 OVERALL NATIONAL CHAMP!

Post Thanks / Like
    Your right Turbo. The lights do go off because of the resetting. I forgot to mention why it really makes me think it is something other than the Control Module itself though. Along with all those lights, the speedometer stopped working. When I reset by disconnecting the battery, the speedometer worked for those couple drives, and then stopped again when the lights came back on. So it seems to me, because the speedo worked for those few drives, the issue was temporarily "fixed" or however it should be stated. I have no idea and am grasping at straws, but why would the speedo work for a few drives and then stop again.

The crappy part is, the Control Module can only be bought...from the dealer/Mopar of course. And it cost somewhere in the realm of 160 bucks. So it wouldn't be that far off what they are going to do to it anyway, as long as they keep the diagnostic test at an hour or less.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes, the stickers are the best part. A guy who recently joined our Jeep club here in Lancaster prints and cuts decals. He applied the ribbon and wings decal for me tonight. It really pops on the green background. A portion of the money he makes on these decals is going to the Pa Breast Cancer Coalition.

Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I haven't been building anything lately. I've been saving up for this. What did I do now??
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421512030.008518.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421512045.507965.jpg
    Micro Eclipse
    1.9 Mini Juice
    2.2 XR Sudo Pro
    2.2 SuckerPunch Sporty
    Class 2 SCX Yota

9. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just playing around in some mud last weekend in Southern Lancaster County.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345