Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
2013 "new comp rules"

Thread: 2013 "new comp rules"

Post Thanks / Like

2013 "new comp rules"

thought all of the comp guys would want to see this:
    Within the next week or so the OFFICIAL link will be here.

95% of the rules will remain exactly the same as 2011 and 2012.

Big changes will be...

1)Body/Bodiless Requirements
    In 2.2 Pro, 1.9, and Super Bodies and Bodiless will have the same specs in each class respectively. Measurement is the smallest dimension in the class, so nothing should be made illegal.

Super Crawler class vehicles must be 12" overall length, 3" overall width, and 3" overall height.

2.2 Crawler class vehicles must be 8" overall length, 3" overall width, and 3" overall height.

1.9 Crawler class vehicles must be 6.75" overall length, 2.5" overall width, and 2.75" overall height.

Requirements for hoods, roofs, and sides will remain for all vehicles. Basically just take the requirements for bodiless and apply it to all vehicles. For 99% of the drivers this will be enough info...the one percenters looking for an exploit will have to wait while try covers all the bases

2) Straddle

The old straddle rule will be removed. In the past the straddle rule had a very specific meaning, and a very precise moment when it was called.

6.8 - Straddle: A gate is considered straddled if at any time the axle of a vehicle (facing in any direction) passes over any part of a gate marker and both tires of that axle are touching the ground (or any object on the ground) on opposite sides of the gate markers, it is considered a straddle and a Gate Marker penalty is assessed.

That precise moment is what going way.

Drivers still get progress the same way

▪ 7.2.1 - A gate is considered cleared when at least one front and one rear wheel passes between the two gate
    markers, and all four tires are past the gate in the intended direction of the gate.

You will STILL be given a penalty if you don't get 4x tire between the gates.

▪ 7.2.6 - If one wheel from the front axle and one wheel from the rear axle passes between two gate markers
    (vehicle straddles a gate), that gate is considered a cleared gate. This however will result in a Gate Marker penalty of 10 points and a gate progress bonus is awarded.

The red will be removed, but it still doesn't change the meaning.

If course designers don't want "Straddles" to occur they will have to use taller gates
    GSRCRC Presidente-2007 GSRCRC 2.2 Champ, 2008 GSRCRC 2.2 2nd place
    Team Brood driver. White Lotus Terror Squad,Ottsixx team driver
    2.2 Proto T1E XR10
    1.9 Losi Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    there should be no straddle thing, you need to get all 4 tires through a gate NOT to get a gate penalty....you get a gate penalty if you straddle it, should just be made if all 4 tires don't make it through the get gate penalty....eliminate all grey areas people will try to skirt a gate penalty, either you put 4 tires through without touching gate or get 10 points....
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop"

3. Likes Tin Soldier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
    there should be no straddle thing, you need to get all 4 tires through a gate NOT to get a gate penalty....you get a gate penalty if you straddle it, should just be made if all 4 tires don't make it through the get gate penalty....eliminate all grey areas people will try to skirt a gate penalty, either you put 4 tires through without touching gate or get 10 points....
    ummm thats what they did
    GSRCRC Presidente-2007 GSRCRC 2.2 Champ, 2008 GSRCRC 2.2 2nd place
    Team Brood driver. White Lotus Terror Squad,Ottsixx team driver
    2.2 Proto T1E XR10
    1.9 Losi Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    The only change I see is you can straddle now with say front axle, back out and get 4 through for no penalty.

Technically you could also go diagonally across a gate ie front straddles the left gate and rear straddles the right. This only gives a 10 pt penalty provided the gates aren't touched of course.

Raises the question of a gate and straddle. Ie if I hit the left gate and also straddle it to get progress is that two penalties or one.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say for you it will be three penalties. Just kidding, I don't see this as any different than how I judged a straddle, just clarifying for those "shades of gray" fans out there. Always too many people trying to bend the intent of the rules by applying lawyer tactics to the words. I wish they would give intent statements for the rules.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
    ummm thats what they did
    Exactly, do not read between the lines too much.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I have never really allowed any straddle. If you go over top of a gate, penalty, and gate is dead. You burn through it and move on.
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    * Tried that Jeep thing, and now it burns when I pee. *
    ----------
    Support the website!
    I have an online reality show about RC's and the life around it.

Follow my addiction: http://rcaddict.us

If this post has helped you then click the reputation button below.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    I have never really allowed any straddle. If you go over top of a gate, penalty, and gate is dead. You burn through it and move on.
    Each club has the ability to follow their own set of rules. EPA tries to hold inline with the national rule set. Most of our rule addendums are clarifications to avoid confusion.

Wes