Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

IT has begun
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IT has begun

Post Thanks / Like

IT has begun

A few know my cab idea, the rest of you will have to wait. I will post a styrene build thread on the cab AFTER I get it done. After $30 worth of hardware for links & suspension this morning, it is half a roller.

TLT axles
    Semi rails
    Leaf springs on all corners
    R2 2 spd trans (maybe) I have another idea, I need to see if it will work first
    Alu Hummer beadlocks (8 of them)
    1.9 Mil Spec tires
    Custom cab
    Dual steering front axles

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

2. Likes DIRTY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yay! This is so exciting!

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

4. Thanks Quirk thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is gonna be a beast!

6. Thanks Quirk thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pennywise would rock this

THE MASTER!!

8. Likes DIRTY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Quirk View Post
    Pennywise would rock this
    Me too me too!

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Took a break on Thing to work on IT
    I wasn't going to post much on the styrene work, but since it has been so quiet here I figured I would.

Step one:
    Find a hardbody that has potential
    I chose a Globe cab, they are relatively cheap and not to hard to find

Step two:
    Cut the donor body. You need vision and a goal (and a set of eggs). Talent not required, there isn't much that can't be fixed

Step three:
    a)Buy some styrene and bonding agent
    b)Start cutting plastic
    c)Start slapping plastic on the body and don't look back

Steps four, five, six, ................:
    Many little things to do to refine your vision
    Carefully cut out the windshield "holes"

Sometimes you need to fill a hole in order to get the window opening you are looking for

Still plenty to do, like stretching this cab by about 2 1/2" but the hard work is done.

Stay tuned if you care.

THE MASTER!!

11. Thanks rik thanked for this post
    Likes JSLICK, rik liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is great, keep it up quirk. i care.

13. Thanks Quirk thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is great. the art of styrene is one that stumps me. thank you for sharing. keep the pics coming. i am definitely interested.

15. Thanks Quirk thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rik View Post
    this is great. the art of styrene is one that stumps me. thank you for sharing. keep the pics coming. i am definitely interested.
    Thanks

Really not hard at all to mess with styrene, you have to see your end product and not "paint yourself into a corner" while you are building. As you can see I used a different "welding agent" for some of the build, it has different properties like a longer cure time, which allows for better bonding in stress areas.

I know the cab looks ugly.... That is the whole point!!!

THE MASTER!!

17. Likes DIRTY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    A great photo from the Chernobyl graveyard

THE MASTER!!

19. Likes DIRTY liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast