Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

2.2 Sporty - AR60 Axles - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.2 Sporty - AR60 Axles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
    I am diggin the body Wes. Its like the old school stadium truck bodies I ran back in the day.
    Yeah, just didn't want the same old thing. I think this body will paint up quite nicely.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the body mounted up. I think I am going to like this one. THe overall weight should be right around 4.27 lbs. That is pretty much where I was trying to get to, weight wise.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    zoinks! thats light.....I am not so concerned with being too lite with mine. I need driveshafts and I am gonna start mine,
    how does it sit upside down? rollover gonna be okay?
    GSRCRC Presidente-2007 GSRCRC 2.2 Champ, 2008 GSRCRC 2.2 2nd place
    Team Brood driver. White Lotus Terror Squad,Ottsixx team driver
    2.2 Proto T1E XR10
    1.9 Losi Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
    zoinks! thats light.....I am not so concerned with being too lite with mine. I need driveshafts and I am gonna start mine,
    how does it sit upside down? rollover gonna be okay?
    I am going to shave off some un-needed CF in the front. This will drop down the body enough to make it just fine under shock compression. It looks like it will rollover just fine, but time will tell. I am pretty stoked about keeping it under the 4.5 lb mark.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the picture I plan on using. Started glueing this morning, but I hope to
    have some good progress over the weekend. Might even get some paint slung on the
    body.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the picture glued into the body today. Hoping to get the paint tomorrow. I was thinking yellow, with grey stripe down the center and maybe on the sides.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the rear tire and my paint, so yesterday was very productive. I am by no means a painter, so I feel pretty good with the results. The hobby store didn't have any good greys in stock, so I went with blue. I still think it looks good. It's just not as understated as I was shooting for. Still need to clap the rear tires. After that it is just electronics and some minor tweaks here and there.

Wes

Last edited by brazwewn; 12-09-2012 at 01:41 PM.

8. Likes JSLICK, DIRTY, rik liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    this turned out great wes. good job! i love the stance.

Post Thanks / Like
    what paper and adhesive did you use with wolverine? i like it.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY View Post
    what paper and adhesive did you use with wolverine? i like it.
    I tried a few things but magazine quality paper works the best. You can ask for it at most copy stores. I tried Lexan Picture Glue from a small company I found online.it works really well, but is just modge-podge. You can get the stuff at any craft store. Just scuff up the inside a bit with a scotch brite pad. It works best to mark the outside with a marker for aligning the picture later. Place a generous amount on the paper and align inside. Press the paper down, but do not try and remove all the glue. Just get rid of the air bubbles. The glue dries crystal clear. Any excess can be removed with a damp cloth.

Wes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast