Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

another JK conversion ... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: another JK conversion ...

Post Thanks / Like
    sweet got the tranny mirrored also got my good lower links in the mail so installed them as well while everything was pulled apart
    need to get my wiring tied down

also got the brackets on the bumper, not installed yet just sitting there

and with the tranny mirrored the body DROPPED

Post Thanks / Like
    got some more updates, first off does anyone have a suggestion on what wheels to get that will fix this problem? I would like to get some beadlocks this time because i do like the ripsaws

cut the parts for the rear bumper going to keep it simple and slim. clamped it all down to make sure its perfectly square

and here it is installed

next the front bumper mounts were not lining up properly at all so i cut the mounts off and re-did them.

the rear installed

and the front installed

put in a guard

a few coats of primer and a base of yellow. going to be mostly black but i'm going to put in some yellow caution lines

Post Thanks / Like
    had trouble tuning the motor/esc combo I got for the class one so I ordered a new motor for the class two to use with a RX8 I have had laying around.

Did the transplant last night thinking the comp was today! DOH ! used the Hotwire and it tuned like a champ. Ran it around the living room this am and wow its nice. Once I get the funds built back up I am going to chance out the HUGE RX8 for the new rs gen 2.

Also made a new front bumper to replace the yellow anchor. I totally changed the design chopping the width down to minimum specs and also changing to a tube design to minimize hangups.

I am also going to either find bearings that fit inside or just grease up a tube to slide through the middle. Im going to use this tube to attach D rings to so when the ring hits an object it will rotate (in theory)

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my CVDs in on friday. got em cheap used. I thought I had decent turning before?? HA! Had to bend the link to fit around the pumpkin

and heres the steering maxed out

If I knew the difference was going to be this big i would have done this months ago !

Post Thanks / Like
    looks good man. what cvds did ya get?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12