Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Jslicks New Chassis - Slick-a-saurus - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jslicks New Chassis - Slick-a-saurus

Post Thanks / Like
    ▪ 2.1.5.1.6 - Shocks and fasteners (nuts, bolts, washers, or spacers) shall not be included in the measurements of the vehicle.We can see once it is together. The shocks can be pinched in if you want later with little problem.Wes
    Quote Originally Posted by JSLICK View Post
    the standoffs do not count as overall width. Could we possibly switch the last 2 braces? just a thought, it would toe in the shocks a bit and possible give better shock travel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Added the upper links John gave me this morning. The front axle is built. Now I need to start on the rear.

Wes

3. Thanks JSLICK thanked for this post
    Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got the truck on its own shoes, no more hand me downs. I also have the rear axle built up with the motor wires ran to the front. Next up will be the fron axle and motor wires. As soon as you get the electronics, it will be moving down the road. The rest can be done as swap outs and upgrades.

Wes

5. Thanks JSLICK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here are the pics

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the front built up and dropped in some spare parts and a chunk of plastic. The best I can tell it will be sitting at 3.9 lbs minus the weights. The steel ball links still need to be swapped out for aluminum.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
    ▪ 2.1.5.1.6 - Shocks and fasteners (nuts, bolts, washers, or spacers) shall not be included in the measurements of the vehicle.We can see once it is together. The shocks can be pinched in if you want later with little problem.Wes
    That said if your side panel extents over the spacer or shock then it can count

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some pics posing on the rocks. I also spent some time with the electronics Jslick gave me today. Two micro sidewinders, CCBEC and his Airtronics Rx. Once the liquid tape dries I will get it wired up.

Wes

10. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got her up and running. Some old skins were thrown on while sitting on the
    scale to get an idea of final weight. Even without aluminum balls, Ti steering
    link, light weight gears, it is sitting at 3.854 lbs. Based on how it performs,
    I might make myself one!

Wes

12. Thanks JSLICK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's hard to beleive but it is time for the little guy to head out on his own. I am all done with my part, so now it is time for John to take over and fisnish tweaking it to his liking. Some .025 Delrin skins were thrown on, until he can get his CF ones cut. My guess these will be lighter than the CF ones, but time will tell.

Wes

14. Thanks JSLICK thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slick, I got your knuckle weights finished. They measure out 2.25 oz per side. If you want less weight just drill partial holes in the back of the weight. If you want more weight, just fill those holes with lead.

Wes

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast