Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

PRO 4 build........ - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PRO 4 build........

Post Thanks / Like
    pictures of more tube work added a hood piece and wind shield post....

added rear brace going to the rear bumper frame work to stiffen it up....

waiting until I get my bottom tube work done before I braze both rear joints up to lock top and bottom framed together

from the rear look....

viewed from above through roof....

the two front posts are not as complicated as the rear....

well that's all for now folks....
    "It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop"

Post Thanks / Like
    well I settled on a design for the lower frame....bent up some 1/4" tube and marked the frame where cuts are needed, took a deep breath closed my eyes and started cutting....

ok that part went well and the new part fits....

3. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    i feel like i should be chanting build build builld!lol dam good work bob.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    well got the new frame part brazed in and motor/trans plate brazed in as well....

where it sits in the frame with the tires on....

body shots any body "thumbsup" ....

did some work on the bell crank set up, had to make a longer part for the center link....

where it will sit once a mounting plate is made....

like the clearance I had to work with :shock: ....

well time for another parts order....

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to say but I hate you. lol I want this so bad. awesome AWESOME build. cant wait to see how it turns out. keep up the great work.

Post Thanks / Like
    well got one part order in today with my steel outputs for tranny and diff cover....

got the mounting plate for the steering bell crank brazed on and bell crank mounted....

had to make a longer center link then I made before so I could bend it to fit under the diff....

I have just bout 3/4" swing right to left with the bell crank, don't need any more since my knuckles only have 5/8" before they hit on C hubs....

counted up brake line used and I'm up to 218" of 3/16" and 53" of 1/4" = 22.5 feet so far....just waiting on my rod ends to get here so I can get my links and steering together....

Post Thanks / Like
    any updates?

Post Thanks / Like
    went a bit crazy adding tube on the rear, sorry only ending pictures from the past week or so....as it sits today....

made a steering servo mount instead of blocks to screw the servo to brazed right to the frame....

how bout a 6 tube joint....

well some body on shot's, see how the rear fenders fit the tube....

well bout all I have till I get some link material so I can mount the rear....

Post Thanks / Like
    got the front end links made up, got the camber links pretty darn close to parallel with the lower A arms....

I seen there was bout an 1/8" gap between the front diff halves and thought HMMM....so I made a alum camber link plate that bolted right in there and the diff halves are tight as they should be....

front end tube work and bumper done, notice the curved piece going from center bottom of the windshield going to lower frame to stiffen that area up....

might seem to be sitting a bit off but I don't have anything adjusted yet....those shocks are losi 4" crawler shock that I did the rod end mod to the top and they have a length of 4-5/8"....I just have them wire tied in place to see what, where I need to adjust stuff yet...at full compression the bottom of the chassis still has 1" ground clearance so it will never touch the ground on a landing....

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome. looks so good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123