Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Metal Wraith.... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Metal Wraith....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll get some more pics today at some point.
    My goal with keeping with stock links is that I can order them off the shelf and wouldn't need to build stuff when it breaks. The lowers do hit with just a little up travel of the suspension.
    Would there be advantages to making custom links instead of aftermarket stock replacements?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Docthrush View Post
    I'll get some more pics today at some point.
    My goal with keeping with stock links is that I can order them off the shelf and wouldn't need to build stuff when it breaks. The lowers do hit with just a little up travel of the suspension.
    Would there be advantages to making custom links instead of aftermarket stock replacements?
    You get what you need to make the truck work with custom links, you may have to make a specific bend to clear the suspension or chassis. Realistically, metal links are going to last a long time, chances are you make them once and it is done, you might have to replace rod ends but that is a normal wear and tear item. I would definitely try links before I messed with anything else. Get some traxxas rod ends and some 6-32 or 3mm all thread and try bending to fit. You can sleeve it with braking or plastic tube. Once you find what works you can get some alu and bend up some nice looking links if you so desire .

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    And its off to tractor supply i go! lol Ill get that stuff and try it out. Thanks for the help!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some times you just cant win......
    Went and got all thread and got the ends and started experimenting with making links. Found a way that I think will work and clear all the stuff it needs to and was trying it out when........

DOH!
    That was a new one that i just put on as the old one has come off the joint multiple times. So its back to the drawing board for that. Not sure why it is doing that. Lack of a slipper?
    Anyhow, trying various setups for the links. Debating putting the drive line from the wraith into the chassis as I figure I wont go through so many shafts. If I can find a way to avoid breaking shafts Ill keep it but Im not even sure why they are failing other than there is nothing else to give. Took out all the guts and skins off so that I can do some mods and paint while i work on the other issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    hard to tell by the pics, but its probably due to the wicked angle the shafts are at due to the link set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmmmmm, I can look into that but when I was running it the drive shafts going from the tcase to the axles didnt seem to bad. I would have thought those would have been the shafts to fail first.
    Back to the drawing board....

Post Thanks / Like
    This may end up with me pulling all my hair out lol
    I took a look at the angles of the drive shafts and they are pretty good. (meaning they aren't to angled when sitting or when flexed not sure what the exact degrees should be though but they are approx what the wraith is stock).
    Put a new drive shaft in from the trans to the t case and drove it in just front wheel drive then tried to replicate what happend the last two times by holding the front tires and applying throttle. The trans to tcase shaft broke again. I'm thinking that when I get it stuck there is nothing else in the drive line to give so that is the weak link?
    Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated at this point.

Thanks
    Doc

Post Thanks / Like
    you might wana try punisher shafts and mip shafts. on my rig it has a punisher from the trans to the transfer case and then mips from the transfer case to both axles
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.
    R.I.P 4/6/2001 MARY JOSEPHINE ECHEVERRIA
    YOU WILL BE MISSED GRANDMA
    custom honcho
    losi micro scaler
    hpi rs4 rally
    sc10 4x4

Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got this thing a few months ago in a box in pieces.

I also got from him a Gmade R1 complete rtr and this chassis, another chassis and a spare gmade chassis.
    I got a scx10 chassis and a honcho body that i traded for something elseIMG_1217_zps68f98d56.jpgIMG_1228_zpse172874c.jpgIMG_1226_zps4cc061bf.jpgIMG_1226_zps4cc061bf.jpgIMG_1224_zps8326fe5f.jpg
    2 wraith axles 5 SCX10 axles,motors, speed controllers, and lots of other stuff.

now lets see if i can figure it outIMG_1221_zps81d14156.jpg

Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania, United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    plus a bunch of other stuff not shown in the pictures. I think I got a good deal for what i paid for it

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast