Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

6x6 Build - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 6x6 Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished some of the body work.

2. Likes DIRTY, SimJunkie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are your plans for the drive train? Are you going to adapt the "tooth" setup to mount your middle axle?

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY View Post
    What are your plans for the drive train? Are you going to adapt the "tooth" setup to mount your middle axle?
    The drive train is going to be axial axles and trans. What is the "tooth" setup?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhinger View Post
    The drive train is going to be axial axles and trans. What is the "tooth" setup?
    Sorry I confused myself a second. The tooth setup allows the rear, or in your case front axle to be mounted. The middle axle gets mounted on the skid. Don't mean to thread jack but here is my example.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not sure how I'm going to mount it yet. I know the rear and middle axles will be mounted to a scx10 skid plate. What would be the advantages and disadvantages of mounting it the way you have yours or mounting the lower link from the middle axle to the front axle? like this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, I haven't run anything with the setup your describing. So I wouldn't know the advantages/disadvantages of that other than your axles reacting with each other as opposed to them reacting individually to the terrain your driving on. I'd say it's worth a shot none the less.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I'm going to try linking them together and if that don't work I'll put a bracket on and mount it like yours.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by justinhinger View Post
    I think I'm going to try linking them together and if that don't work I'll put a bracket on and mount it like yours.
    I agree, give it a shot. I myself am interested in the outcome. Cab is looking great btw.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I'm worried about is if the lower links will get in the way of the steering. The cab still has some work and I want to make a exoskeleton for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    It isn't going to work well like you have it pictured, your axles are going to have a ton of sideplay and that wouldn't be good for two steering axles. You can't tie the axles together on both the uppers and lowers, if you tie the front and mid axle together with a lower link, your upper links will have to go up to the chassis. The other way is to make a drop bracket "tooth" like Dirty was stating and tie the axles in that way.

The rear suspension on my 6x6 is a variation of your sketch, I tied the rear and mid axles with the lower links, but I ran the rear axle uppers back up to the chassis. It takes a little trial and error to get things working right, I had to make the shock rocker setup to get mine working nicely, but I am not sure that would work right on a front steering axle, I would have to try it

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast