Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Addicted's XR10. - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Addicted's XR10.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToRC View Post
    It's a local spot underneath a bridge. One of my favorite around here and this is the milder side. I'll snap a couple of pics of the other side when I go out later.
    Here is the other side of the creek.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well quick update. Was out today and broke yet another topper side plate on my rig. Got some extra delrin and Gorilla glue in the vise now waiting to set up. In the mean time I started on putting the new motor plates in I got in the mail. Should have those in soon enough along with the shiny new red VP chubs that came. I really can't complain about how this thing is working. If you are thinking about getting a Mantis chassis, I suggest doing it.
    Last edited by AddictedToRC; 04-29-2013 at 04:47 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the topper part of the torsion set up. If not, make one from carbon fiber. If you need some help just let me know.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah some one had mentioned that, but the top needs to flex as well. It is just the "hood" that snapped off and I think I can fix it for now. I've been tryin to get with Don at BWD, but no luck as of yet.
    2.2P-XR10 YTC Secret Agent
    2.2S-Turbotech Prodigy
    Class 2-SCX10

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it's been a while since I have posted anything new so I figured I should get to something here at least. I have re worked just about everything since RC3. Been playing around with a lot of tuning with the chassis and weight and I feel I have it sitting pretty well right now. I know a lot of guys say the Mantis loves the weight, but I didn't like it so heavy so I went ahead and lightened up my weight. I dropped 3 1/2 oz. of extra weight in the front per side (now at 4 1/2oz. and left the rear at 4 oz. per side (weight includes weight of wheel). I also dropped to 30wt shock oil with the next softest spring (gray) for the Losi shocks. I am currently running only the very last chassis brace and the 3rd one in from the tail. I also had a set of cut and shut Rover/Blocks (white/red dot) here that I wanted to try but they weighed in at 4.2oz. each so I did a little work to them as well.

Between narrowing them and shaving some on the inside, I was able to drop right around 1 oz. per tire.

Also since RC3 I've re worked the electronics and am now running dual FXR's with the Airtronics MT4 radio (Thanks Quirk). Saved a little weight by removing the Punk Dig and everything is sitting nice and low now.

Got another HH Torquemaster Pro 35T on it's way and will soon have two of them installed as well. I was able to get out today and get some packs through it with the lighter/softer setup and it's working really well.

Last edited by AddictedToRC; 04-29-2013 at 04:47 AM.

6. Likes rik liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Alright guys just a quick update. I love the Mantis chassis, but I never cared for how bulky the delrin front upper links were. They just took up too much space between the chassis and the upper link mount. All the clearance I needed was there, but as far as wiring they just got in the way. I went ahead and measured the delrin ones and figured out what I needed and came up with these.

Vanquish Products 3/16 65mm Ti links.

They are a touch longer than the delrin ones but not too long to adversely affect my wheelbase. I bent two of them for the uppers. I was surprised in that the titanium wasn't too hard to bend by hand in a vise. It is springy though so patience was definitely needed.

Rod ends on and my front axle gears back together I fit everything up and it turned out exactly as I had hoped. Full articulation is the same as it was with no hang ups and there is more wiggle room now between the chassis and front axle.

Last edited by AddictedToRC; 04-29-2013 at 04:48 AM.

8. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another quick update. In the process of lightening my drive train so I am going with some SLW's (finally). My DNA's weigh in at 5 oz. each with the hardware. Got hooked up with a member from RCC and made a deal with him on some knuckle weights. Originally I was gonna run VP weights, but I couldn't pass up the Dlux weights and I'm glad I went that route. They are simply well made with a great fit. They weigh less then VP by 1.25oz which keeps them from being too bulky on the knuckle. Just have to take care of the rear now and it should be all set.

10. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    So I have been tossing around the idea of making lockout slug retainers that will hold two slugs, but it turns out 2 -2.25oz. wasn't going to be enough. I need spot on 3 oz. in the rear. So I quickly took that idea and threw it in the garbage. Now that I've been experimenting with safety silv, I happened to think, "Hey, I have a bunch of collars lying around." So I took out the good old cut off wheel, torch and solder and got to work. It turns out as they sit (without having to take any mass out) they are just right for weight.

Last edited by AddictedToRC; 04-29-2013 at 04:49 AM.

12. Likes JSLICK liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice idea... They look good and fit perfectly and the price was right, can't beat that

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks John. I think I have around $6 maybe in the collars themselves. I did get a couple with the wheels on to show fitment. It looks close, but it clears the hub just fine.

Last edited by AddictedToRC; 04-29-2013 at 04:49 AM.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast