Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Dig?????
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dig?????

Post Thanks / Like

Dig?????

I'm looking at making a few scale tubers and want to add a dig to them. As well I ordered a jeep tuber that somone else made and want to add a dig to that.
    It looks like most of the dig units attach to or replace the entire trans? Are there any that go on or replace the t case? This is the first time I'm trying to use one on an Rc so it's all new to me. Are some digs better than others?
    Any info thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Docthrush View Post
    I'm looking at making a few scale tubers and want to add a dig to them. As well I ordered a jeep tuber that somone else made and want to add a dig to that.
    It looks like most of the dig units attach to or replace the entire trans? Are there any that go on or replace the t case? This is the first time I'm trying to use one on an Rc so it's all new to me. Are some digs better than others?
    Any info thoughts or ideas would be great. Thanks!
    Yes, you can buy a dig trans or add a bolt on to your axial trans.. I don't think any are made to bolt to a transfer case, but you could always get creative and make one. There just isn't enough demand for that situation for a company to mass produce any. You could try and see if a RC4WD R2D trans will fit what you need

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    A dig as in a disconnect to run 4wd to 2wd or a dig in a sense to lock out an axle to improve steering or "pivot" on said locked up axle?

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    in scale dig is not allowed to be used as in rock crawlers, but i think you can use it to do what a full size 1:1 would....that would be to un-lock the front axle to run the truck in 2WD and back to 4WD........bob

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop"

Post Thanks / Like
    Uhm, dig is allowed in class 3 FYI. As well as rear steer, but either or not both.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
    in scale dig is not allowed to be used as in rock crawlers, but i think you can use it to do what a full size 1:1 would....that would be to un-lock the front axle to run the truck in 2WD and back to 4WD........bob

yikes Bob might wanna do some studying of the rules! lol
    GSRCRC Presidente-2007 GSRCRC 2.2 Champ, 2008 GSRCRC 2.2 2nd place
    Team Brood driver. White Lotus Terror Squad,Ottsixx team driver
    2.2 Proto T1E XR10
    1.9 Losi Pro

7. Likes rik liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to compete in the scale classes you can only use dig in C3 (as said). Using a dig unit "backwards" to unlock the front wheels would be Very scale, but still not allowed in C1 or 2. Now, if you just want to do this on a fun trail rig, where comp rules don't matter, go for it, it'll be fun. And no, I think all the available dig units out there either attatch to a tranny or are a tranny themselves, with a DIG built in. With some minor fab work you could use an RC4WD R2D as a t.case... Just have to find a way to attatch an input shaft where the motor normally mounts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Get in my belly, baby!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info guys! Not really sure I'll be competing but I'll keep the rules in mind, from what I've read all mine would fall in class three so should be gtg.
    The trannys that have the dig in them, you run fom the engine to the tranny then two drive shafts to the axles completely eliminating a tcase?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Docthrush View Post
    Thanks for the info guys! Not really sure I'll be competing but I'll keep the rules in mind, from what I've read all mine would fall in class three so should be gtg.
    The trannys that have the dig in them, you run fom the engine to the tranny then two drive shafts to the axles completely eliminating a tcase?
    Yes You can't use a transfer case with dig

Why do I care where Waldo is?

THE MASTER!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
    yikes Bob might wanna do some studying of the rules! lol
    i knew class 3 can use it as a true dig, but not many do class 3 so i didn't add it to my post....unless something was changed i thought you can use it to make your truck run 2WD or 4WD in class 1 and 2 just not dig to lock rear wheels....come on dave leave me be lol......bob

"It does not matter how slowly you go, as long as you do not stop"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast