Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Course Building

Thread: Course Building

Post Thanks / Like

Course Building

Just spent some time catching up on the chat box. Definitely some interesting reading. First off I want to apologize for losing my head today. I got worked up when I found a rock had been moved that was needed to clear a gate. I know it was an accident, but for some reason it just got to me. I did my best to speak to everyone in person, but some had already left.

Second, I want to talk about course building. It seems there are people that think course builders design courses to help them and screw others. I personally take offense to that statement. I do my best to accommodate all types of rigs running. That is why another builder was asked to stretch out his course due to being too tight. I also do my best to make "outs" for gates we think might be problems. Nobody is perfect, but I do try my best. There were several gates on the class 1 courses that I could not get without a winch. Others, with longer wheel bases, walked the gate.

In the future, I will be allowing others to take a more active role in building courses. So, be
    prepared to step up and try your hand at it. I will still bring my gates in case others do not have any sets. Hopefully others will be willing to help out.

Wes

2. Thanks JSLICK, Tin Soldier thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey wes dont drive your self crazy! im always up for helping so please ask!!! the courses i ran were cool second course was a bit extreme in my opinion but not a big deal i got through it(what dont kill you makes you stronger lol) honestly the dirt was super soft that we cant control... so that being said me and my boy had a ball so let me know were i can help...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post

Second, I want to talk about course building. It seems there are people that think course builders design courses to help them and screw others. I personally take offense to that statement. I do my best to accommodate all types of rigs running. That is why another builder was asked to stretch out his course due to being too tight. I also do my best to make "outs" for gates we think might be problems. Nobody is perfect, but I do try my best. There were several gates on the class 1 courses that I could not get without a winch. Others, with longer wheel bases, walked the gate.

In the future, I will be allowing others to take a more active role in building courses. So, be
    prepared to step up and try your hand at it. I will still bring my gates in case others do not have any sets. Hopefully others will be willing to help out.

Wes
    Wes, the course that you just "threw gates down" for class 1 had 2 sets of gates with an out of bounds on te SAME rock. If that's not specifically for a tiny tight turning truck I'm not sure what is. It's our own fault for NOt walking thought before everything started becuase I would have pointed that out. I'm not going to destroy my rig dealing with a 1.9 crawler course. The courses should be challenging but no so rediculous as you risk a 10 foot fall as you tumbled pretty well a few times. These are just a few things to keep in mind when building courses.
    Last edited by DIRTY; 05-20-2012 at 04:24 PM.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that having a rig next to a highly probable fall is not cool. I don't mind so much on comp rigs, but scale trucks not so much. I am sorry there was confusion about the gates just being placed in the general location. I thought it was pretty clear they were not marked or measured. It was difficult getting class 3 and class 1 started. Having the class 2 split off from the beginning did not make it any easier.

As for the gate in question. The OB was only a small line to cause a side hill. The other gate was left open so you could exit, turn around in the leaves and get the proper approach angle. That is how I did it, since my rig would never make that turn. You could also take the high gate as an out. It would have been a squeeze, but I am sure my Jeep would have made it through.

I want this to be fun for all. I really like to win, but I like others to do well almost as much. I think having others build courses will be good for a little while.

My "little" rig has advantages for sure. It also has disadvantages too. A longer rig can climb much better than mine. I also have a lot of ground clearance. However, my side hill sucks. There are advantages and disadvantages to all rigs. I try my best to give a little bit of both for all courses. To me that is fair.

I am really hoping we can chalk this up as a growing opportunity and move on. This **** is too much fun to get all worked up about.

Wes

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Wes

Unfortunately when someone builds a coarse you
    Do build it to what u feel is possible and not
    Possible well in retrospect that goes hand in hand with what your rig may be able to do I have built coarses alot. I always try and ask everyones opinion if I think there may be a hard gat but let's face it. Some times we think it's gonna be
    Hard and everyone walks right through. Other times we think it's a cake walk and bam it's
    The hardest gat of the day. It's the nature
    Of the hobby no reason to get
    Bent out of shape over it. And I also agree all rigs have what there really good and and not so good at it's lie comparing apples to oranges or bacon to Canadian bacon

Rich
    Formerly known as losiredcatcrawler

1st class one 2011
    2.2 Winner 2010
    3rd 1.9 2010
    Bjv4 Berg 2.2
    Cherokee scx10
    Losi mini Ab design chassis with r/t topper
    Losi mini pro with r/t topper
    Losi micro[/color]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mmmmmmmm...you said bacon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Canada doesn't know a thing about bacon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker View Post
    I agree Canada doesn't know a thing about bacon.
    But Maxwedge does. Lol

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc