Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Spectrum

Thread: Spectrum

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Spectrum

I have a DX3r that has worked great. Yesterday it I was driving my scaler and rolled the truck. Everything just suddently stopped working. I thought it was something in my truck, but I have determined that my 3100 RX and my TX are both at fault. I have tested this by first trying different RX, then binding the RX to another radio. Then I tried binding a working RX to my DX3. When I go into system monitor on my DX3 it shows that the steering is stuck are full right and the trigger is stuck at full brake. If jiggle the radio those value flucuate widly. Like there is something shorting out. The radio has always been kept in a padded box when not in use and the batteries were replaced with new ones.

Anyone ever run into this sort of thing? Anyone ever try to have one repaired?
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    * Tried that Jeep thing, and now it burns when I pee. *
    ----------
    Support the website!
    I have an online reality show about RC's and the life around it.

Follow my addiction: http://rcaddict.us

If this post has helped you then click the reputation button below.

Post Thanks / Like
    was yours one in the beginning that was a factory recall that was defective by them....when i 1st got my 3R there was a thread on RCC bout them....slide the batt plate off the radio and there is a number there....if it was within a number run it was bad from the factory, not sure what that run is....might try a search on RCC bout it and see if it's still around or even call spektrum bout it....i'm pretty sure it's out of warr time frame, but ya never know....i'll try to find the number run and get back in ere........bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    hrmm never heard of a recall. I have had it for 2-3 years now.
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    ----------
    Support the website!

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if this is your issue....

Notice to DX3R users about “losing bind”

We’ve become aware of several reports of the DX3R randomly “losing bind." Investigation has led us to determine that there is a possibility, in some systems, that bind information can be deleted when switching models within the transmitter (from say model one to model two) or during power up. This issue is isolated to a small number of early radios – those with one of the following codes (last 4 digits located under the battery door ) : 0712, 0801, 0802. A quick fix is to simply re-bind the receiver. Be assured that the issue will not, and cannot, affect your RF link during operation. If you are experiencing the “losing bind” with a radio that has one of these three codes and would like to have it repaired, please contact the Horizon Support Team at 877.504.0233. All of us at Spektrum sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this might cause.
    there site link....

http://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/S...ProdID=SPM3100

look at the number and see, they seem to still have support for this issue.........bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Ok, got the radio figured out. Tore it all down, cleaned and reassembled. Then ran through the calibration. Which in the end I think all I needed to do was calibrate in the first place. Not sure how it lost the calibration. The RX is toast though. Apparently I screwed up calibration trying to figure out the RX so I assumed both were bad. Oops, what a noob mistake there. Anyhow, works fine now. Only thing is figuring out why it toasted my RX.

My castle Sidewinder Sport ESC is setup for crawler, but it seems to have a built in BEC that I can't find a way to shut off (maybe that's normal). My unknown brand BEC is putting out 6 volts when I put my tester on it. I also have a winch, but I don't see any voltage coming from it, and of course no voltage from my steering servo. So does that sound setup correctly? Or Do I need to pull a power wire from my ESC or something?
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    ----------
    Support the website!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Oh holy crap, I am retarded. Grrr.... I bought this rig used and the wiring was a bit tricky (well done, but tricky), I left the red wire on the esc connected and also connected the BEC. It's my fault I toasted it. Everything is wrapped in black shrink tube to keep it need and I didn't even think to really look at it. Just plugged it all in a ran. STUPID STUPID STUPID. Oh well. Probably have $5k in the this hobby already, what another $40. :-D
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    ----------
    Support the website!

Post Thanks / Like
    gotta love when **** hit's ya in the face like running into a brick wall head on, lol....glad ya got it figured out.....bob

8. Likes Tin Soldier liked this post