Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968

Site complaints and trying to get them under control
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Site complaints and trying to get them under control

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Site complaints and trying to get them under control

Ok everyone, there has been a lot of complaints of issues since the update, but I am having trouble nailing any of them down.

1. So far we have mods say they can't see the mod link in the bottom right of the forums.
    - Is that all mods or just some?
    - if you are a mod who can see the link, please tell me here.
    - if you are a mod who can not see the link, please tell me here.

2. Tapatalk is not attaching full sized pix.
    - What device are you using?
    - please post what device you use and attach a pic so I have an idea
    - Does you devices have picture size settings?
    - my android allows me to choose big or small and appears to post fine. This may just be an Apple device issue.

3. Website doesn't look right on Ipads.
    - This is an ipad problem. I don't think I can fix that. I can check, but..... the forum was made for computers not ipads, install tapatalk.

4. Someone mentioned the post order or something. This was addressed a long time ago. It's a setting in your profile area. You should be able to track it down in your personal settings.

If I am missing anything, please post here. I am trying to get to the bottom of this, but I need more info then, "it don't work"
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    * Tried that Jeep thing, and now it burns when I pee. *
    ----------
    Support the website!
    I have an online reality show about RC's and the life around it.

Follow my addiction: http://rcaddict.us

If this post has helped you then click the reputation button below.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am listed as admin but cannot modify or change a status. Such as a member waiting for moderation, changing them to regular members. Inthe control panel I can see the drop down menu, I can click stuff and type stuff but I lack the button to save it. And when I go into the moderate users tab in the admin control panel it tells menu dot have permission to do that and to contact the lead administrator.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    i am a mod and i do not see the link in the lower right corner - also the link you sent this morning allows me to log in but brings me stright back to the sign in again

Home of The Proving Grounds R/C Crawling Area, Team Shake & Bake, Team Notch Eight Designz

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY View Post
    I am listed as admin but cannot modify or change a status. Such as a member waiting for moderation, changing them to regular members. Inthe control panel I can see the drop down menu, I can click stuff and type stuff but I lack the button to save it. And when I go into the moderate users tab in the admin control panel it tells menu dot have permission to do that and to contact the lead administrator.
    Was this a sudden thing? Like with the update? Or has it never worked?
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    ----------
    Support the website!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am set us as a mod. I use an iPhone an pd iPad. The TapaTalk photo setting disappeared after the upgrade. Now I only have one option "thumbnail". I had several before the upgrade. My iPad worked fine and auto sized the screen before the upgrade. Now it tries to fit the entire thing on one screen. Once again, everything started acting goofy for me after the upgrade. RCC uses vBulletin and it works great on my iPad. Hope I helped in describing the issues.

Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
    I am set us as a mod. I use an iPhone an pd iPad. The TapaTalk photo setting disappeared after the upgrade. Now I only have one option "thumbnail". I had several before the upgrade. My iPad worked fine and auto sized the screen before the upgrade. Now it tries to fit the entire thing on one screen. Once again, everything started acting goofy for me after the upgrade. RCC uses vBulletin and it works great on my iPad. Hope I helped in describing the issues.

Wes
    Check the bottom and see what version they are running. Perhaps there is a difference in the versions. I may have to completely rebuild the theme to fix that issue. I noticed that several thing errored out when they tried to auto update on the theme.
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    ----------
    Support the website!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Was this a sudden thing? Like with the update? Or has it never worked?
    It never worked, fully. I was able to edit posts and stuff but that's about it.

But now it does.

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post

Wes
    so some quick searching on the tapatalk forum revealed some issues on the IOS Tapatalk version. This was posted Monday: We've optimized the upload image resize options in the incoming release. Let's see whether that works for you.

So that may explain some stuff. You are not the only one who experienced issues. I have not located a fix yet, and perhaps it's nothing that I can fix. Tapatalk is sort of controlled by Tapatalk.
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    ----------
    Support the website!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Ok everyone, there has been a lot of complaints of issues since the update, but I am having trouble nailing any of them down.

4. Someone mentioned the post order or something. This was addressed a long time ago. It's a setting in your profile area. You should be able to track it down in your personal settings.

If I am missing anything, please post here. I am trying to get to the bottom of this, but I need more info then, "it don't work"
    that would be me, i tried everything in my profile settings and still has threads with new posts to them all over different pages....i'm gonna try again ........bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a admin or mod one of the two and I can not do anything or see anything.

Greg
    Custom 18 wheeler builder
    Rotator Tow Truck(Best in Show 2011)
    F350 Tow Truck
    Slammed F350 Show Truck
    Mercedes-Benz 1838 4X4 w/functional crane &tipping bed and tipping trailer

[url]http://s150photobucket.com/THETOYS[/url]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast