Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
ALWAYS a production.

Thread: ALWAYS a production.

Post Thanks / Like

ALWAYS a production.

so i have spent the last three days getting my rig ready for the comp on sunday. and i swear everything is a production! i bent all the lower links. boat load of trigonometry there. i found that a 30 degree bend would push the links into the shocks. i figured out that a 28.2 degree bend would give me .01" of clearance. hey, clearance is clearance. this in turn shortened my wheel base by 1/4", which in turn pushed my drive shafts too far into the center spool. so off to the lathe i went to turn the over all length on the center spool down and re-counter sink it. i then slapped it into the CNC and lengthened the slots for more clearance. finally it bolted up together and rolled smooth. off to the axles now. i ripped both apart and rebuilt them. i did re-enforce the knuckles. i had to drill out the the mounting points and re-tap them. (6-32 threads) off, again, to the lathe to turn down some 6-32 cap head screws. knuckles are now sturdy. though, while test fitting the knuckles to the axles i some how lost a bearing. so, to the hobby shop i went to purchase another. got some sticky weights too, which are on the rims now. finally last night i put everything back together to give it a test run. mind you it's now about 1 in the morning and i was dead tired. the fxxking thing ran for about three feet then stopped. i had steering, but no throttle. after another hour of trouble shooting, i found that i "blew" the motor. OY! thankfully i have a couple of extra's. so tonight i'll throw one in. I LOVE THIS HOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This truck has no, and never will have any, after market support. you just cant get "bolt-on" parts for it. THANK GOD i am a machinist!

here's a pic of the PTI axles (in case some have not seen them)

here's a pic of the bent lower links

Post Thanks / Like

Re: ALWAYS a production.

are you aty 12 1/2'' or below for tech
    \_______ EPARCCRAWLERS FOUNDER.
    [l_,[____],_
    l---L -O]==[O-
    ()_) ()_)----)_)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Very nice. I love that you can just build stuff. I am sort of the opposite. I can jury rig it, but it always looks redneck. Nice work.
    ~ Ryan
    The webmaster.
    * Tried that Jeep thing, and now it burns when I pee. *
    ----------
    Support the website!
    I have an online reality show about RC's and the life around it.

Follow my addiction: http://rcaddict.us

If this post has helped you then click the reputation button below.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier
    Very nice. I love that you can just build stuff. I am sort of the opposite. I can jury rig it, but it always looks redneck. Nice work.
    thanks tin. i almost enjoy that more than running them....... almost.

Quote Originally Posted by shootr79
    are you aty 12 1/2'' or below for tech
    of course. i believe i am around 12 1/8" - 12 1/4". just gotta get the motor issue worked out and i'm ready.