Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Got Another One - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Got Another One

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! Looks great!

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks pretty sweet. So...winter micro comp series?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY View Post
    Awesome! Looks great!
    thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by RickB View Post
    Looks pretty sweet. So...winter micro comp series?
    and thank you too, sir. i'm down with a micro comp.

*UPDATE*

tonights project was to widen this rig. i used the DANALLY (rcc) method of widening it. special thanks to Jeepkid (rcc) for re-surfacing this method. (i forgot all about this mod!)

here's Jeepkid's thread
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=332401

and here's the DANALLY thread showing how to do the mod.
    http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showt...hlight=DANALLY

here the front is widened.

front and rear widened

i think it looks way better now.

IMHO, i think this is the way to go as far as widening these rigs. 1) it's free and 2) i love the deep dish look of the rims. also, this rig is unstoppable now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I definitely need to do this to my micro!

Post Thanks / Like
    so i ordered a set of miclaws for this build. hopefully they will be here in a week or two. i grabbed gimp's micro wheels and am gonna do the danally mod to them tonight so they are ready. this rig is great as it sits now with the boggers, i cant wait to see it with the miclaws. these tires are huge!

miclaw vs. stock micro tire

Post Thanks / Like
    miclaws came in. threw'em on just to see what the rig will look like. nothing glued yet. i'm still working on bottle cap weights. tires have foams from rc4wd rock crusher tires. the wheel base is still at 5" long. wondering if i should stretch it back to 5 1/2"...what do you guys think?

My losi family portrait. LCC. MRC Pro, and the Micro...

Post Thanks / Like
    Stretching it may be a good idea. Looks dang beast the way it is. You bringing this Sunday?

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." -Thomas Jefferson
    rikkles - i'm loving this nitro jazz, its's dirty, smelly, and fast. much like marc

Post Thanks / Like
    I might bring it. I'm waiting on a 90t motor from getbent. As she sits now, she gets real hot real quick. Unfortunately getbent lives in Texas, and the last I talked to him, there was a wildfire about four miles from his home and heading his direction. Hopefully, all is well.

Post Thanks / Like

Wheel Weights/ Memory Foams

Got a little more work done on this. finished up the wheel weights made from bottle caps. they come in at 30 grams a piece. they started out nice, but as the liquid engineering influenced project, they ended up as you see. still have to make rear weights. big improvement over lead shot or bb's.

I wasnt happy with the foams i had in the tires. i have a piece of nova memory foam from a super i had. this was a real big improvement. the memory foams in addition to the wheel weights is spot on.

this..

yields this...

not perfect., but it'll do...

how she sits now...

also, figured out a semi-easy way to make a panel for the top of the rig. then a new servo and links

Post Thanks / Like

body panels complete

Finished up the Pepsi theme body panels tonight. I think they came out pretty good. Also got the word on my predator 90t motor from getbent, which should be here next week. It's turning into a beast.

Last edited by rik; 10-07-2011 at 12:53 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast