Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Just Another Hybrid

Thread: Just Another Hybrid

Post Thanks / Like

Just Another Hybrid

so i decided that i need to build another hybrid. this was gonna be a foff rig, but i need a "all around fun crawler". something to beat on like it owes me money. Crawler King axles, TCS Boulder chassis. Still undecided on a tranny though. My options are, the Ck tranny, an LNC tranny, or a stampede tranny. The LNC tranny is 1:1, so that may be out. The CK tranny is friggin huge, but may be compacted in size if i make a clocked motor plate. BUT if i use the CK tranny, along witht the CK axles, it's not really a hybrid is it? so it looks like the winner is the stampede tranny. i think i may have to spin new cross braces for the chassis to make it wide enough for the stampede tranny. once i figure that all out, i will machine an aluminum skid for the tranny. i'm in the process of making upper link mounts to make it a 4 link. then i will spin new links all around. after that is all done i will tackle the servo mount.

heres how she sits now, nothing fancy just another one of my hybrids. everything else from the ck is in a pile waiting to possibly be junked, cuz, well lets face it, it in fact is pretty much, junk.

oh, the elecs will be, a novak m2 esc, a knockoff 236 oz servo, and a spektrum rx.

here's how the rest of the rig is sitting. one step away from the trash can,,,,or ebay. LOL i couldnt even tell ya where the elecs ended up. garbage? parts bin? i dunno...

Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good man
    Formerly known as losiredcatcrawler

1st class one 2011
    2.2 Winner 2010
    3rd 1.9 2010
    Bjv4 Berg 2.2
    Cherokee scx10
    Losi mini Ab design chassis with r/t topper
    Losi mini pro with r/t topper
    Losi micro[/color]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been doing work on this here and there. slowly but surely. lol..this is mainly just something to tool on and beat on. nothing more. as of now it is pretty much finished. here's what i ended up with

Crawler King Axles
    Crawler King Drive Shafts
    Losi Night Crawler Tranny
    2.2 Chisels mounted on Stock LCC Rims
    Crawler King Shocks (need shorter ones. i limited them and they do ok for now)
    TCS Aluminum Boulder Chassis
    Knock-off 236 oz. Servo
    Stock Axial FM TX/RX
    Axial AE-1 Esc
    Terra-Claw 55t motor
    Crawler King links. Uppers are three linked

I ended up going with the LNC tranny because it's 1:1. Made it more of a rock racer i guess. Spektrum tx/rx system will be added later when i free up a rx somewhere. anyway, here's the pics.

I milled a skid to mount the LNC tranny. I used white delrin. i still have to mill the angle so the skid slides over obstacles easier.

Tight. but nothing rubs. battery mounted on front upper links..

Post Thanks / Like
    looks awesome.....if i had some built tlt axles I would rebuild my original bmv torsion 2.2
    GSRCRC Presidente-2007 GSRCRC 2.2 Champ, 2008 GSRCRC 2.2 2nd place
    Team Brood driver. White Lotus Terror Squad,Ottsixx team driver
    2.2 Proto T1E XR10
    1.9 Losi Pro

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by marzzz23 View Post
    looks awesome.....if i had some built tlt axles I would rebuild my original bmv torsion 2.2
    lol, i know what ya mean. i have my built pti axles sittin here just staring at me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took this out this morning to see how it would do. And, it did ok. Nothing broken. The wheel speed, even with the 50t in it, is pretty fun. It could use some more though. Maybe I'll try a 35t. Need bigger foams too.