Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

FOFF Build

Thread: FOFF Build

Post Thanks / Like

FOFF Build

I been wanting to build a formula off road rig for a while now. just ordered the tcs boulder chassis, which will rest on a set of crawler king axles i have. i just ordered a set of paddles for it. it will be powered by a LNC tranny, with a brushless set up in the future. here's a pic of the chassis and tires..

Last edited by rik; 05-22-2011 at 04:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    a little update. mock up pics

got the chassis and tires in the other day. i thought i read some where the chassis was delrin. so i was very surprised when i saw it was aluminum with aluminum cross braces. theres plenty of room for the LNC tranny too. still have a lot to do, but its a start.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good Rik. I always check out the F Off section when I go on RCC , pretty cool. How tall are those SandPaws?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. The tires are 4 1/4" tall. That's from tip to tip on the fins. I enjoy watching the 1:1 FOFF's on YouTube. Those guys are nuts. I figured I had the axles, so why not build one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxwedge View Post
    Looks good Rik. I always check out the F Off section when I go on RCC , pretty cool. How tall are those SandPaws?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I decided to scratch this build. I threw a set of 2.2 chisels on it. Gonna go.with a more of a sportsman/ fun to crawl rig. Will post the rest of build in the custom section. another hybrid on the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aww man, I thought this thing looked like a good start for a foff build.