Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
my pro 4 tubed framed SCT.........

Thread: my pro 4 tubed framed SCT.........

Post Thanks / Like

my pro 4 tubed framed SCT.........

i pieced together this thread from another forum so the dates are old and outta wack, lol....i'm getting stuff together for a full tube frame pro 4 class short course truck....if anyone remembers my tigress crawler build you know what will go into this build....idea drawing to finished plan, so far....

finished plan so far depending on parts i decide to use....

rear link mounts i'm making from 1/8" alum angle stock....

stay tuned folks.........bob

Last edited by bob1961; 05-10-2011 at 03:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    did some work and got the rear link mounts done....i don't have a band saw but i do have a jig saw i rigged into a scroll saw....

it worked pretty good too and i was able to get close to the line with very little file clean up....

well i won 4 f/bay auctions and grabbed myself a complete HPI MT2 front clip for 45.00 bucks shipped....just need to fab it up to the chassis pan i made now....

started bending tube for the frame....i also got the pan bent so i can finish the tube for the front frame clip

here are some pic's of the frame, i made a new pan from this one and will update pictures as i get going on this build as well....

added some of the componets in there place to see the fit to each other, so far by the weight of this chassis it's gonna be lighter then stock....

did some 3/16" tube bending and brazin and this is what's done so far....made up some jigs to hold the upper and lower windshield bars....

all brazed up and i also got the side rails in too....

i need to make front a-arms to give the truck long travel suspension over the stock plastic parts and they are gonna be 1/4" brake line....

i need to get some more supply's and componets before tubing up the front end yet, plus make the rear frame and bumpers..........bob