Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
a jersey gtg sopt

Thread: a jersey gtg sopt

Post Thanks / Like

a jersey gtg sopt

this mite b a trip for some but i know of a spot right on the nj/pa boarder in jersey. its at exit 1 or rt 80. you go thru the 3 min lite (yes the lite takes 3 minutes to change from red to green) you go about 5 or 7 miles past the light til you see a sign for the cooper mines and parking is on the left hand side of the road. you cross the street and hike about a quater mile up the trail to the top of the mines. mind u its not an easy climb. there are rocks up there for every kind of rig except scale rigs. but on the side of the parking lot there is a old creek bed thats good for scale rigs. active can vouch for me bout the rocks up on top of the mines. and there is also a camp ground on the same road efore the mines.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.
    R.I.P 4/6/2001 MARY JOSEPHINE ECHEVERRIA
    YOU WILL BE MISSED GRANDMA
    custom honcho
    losi micro scaler
    hpi rs4 rally
    sc10 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

Re: a jersey gtg sopt

i know exactly where that is. used to go camping there all the time. i think the camp site is called worthington??? or something like that....LOL and that light takes freakin forever!!!! that road used to be a 2 lane..but a landslide took out the outer lane. thus the 1/2 hr. red light ya gotta sit through while waiting for on-coming traffic... def. a good spot to crawl.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this the place. That isn't too far away from me.

http://www.stateparks.com/worthington.html

Wes

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by brazwewn
    Is this the place. That isn't too far away from me.

http://www.stateparks.com/worthington.html

Wes
    that would be it sir. the ONLY thing that sucks is that you cross into jersey (on rt. 80) for literally 1/4 mile. (the exit is right after the bridge ends) to get back into PA you gotta pay a toll. i know, i know, it's only a buck. but hey, a dollar's a dollar and we're in a recession here! seriously though, it is very nice over there. def. worth checking out.

P.S. if you decide to venture out there........HAVE FUN SITTING AT THAT LIGHT>>>>>IT"S A LONG ONE!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

the only down side about going to the mines is its a long steep walk to get to the top and if you are out of shape its gona make you winded. quirk and active can tell you bout the walk up there
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Die, You are forgiven. If I Live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.
    custom honcho
    losi micro scaler
    hpi rs4 rally
    sc10 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by freakofnature
    the only down side about going to the mines is its a long steep walk to get to the top and if you are out of shape its gona make you winded.
    eh, nothing a good ole' cigarette can't fix.

Post Thanks / Like

true. im gona see if i can find the cd with the pics i took from the mines and post them up so people know what the rocks look like up there
    custom honcho
    losi micro scaler
    hpi rs4 rally
    sc10 4x4

Post Thanks / Like

ok i found some of the pics from up at the mines here is the link to the album since there is to many pics to post here
    http://s677.photobucket.com/albums/vv13 ... r%20mines/
    custom honcho
    losi micro scaler
    hpi rs4 rally
    sc10 4x4