PDA

View Full Version : Holmes Hobbies 4mm vs 5mm Web

brazwewn
03-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Here is an email and the answer from John @ Holmes Hobbies. Below is the link to the replacement armetures where I first saw this.

http://holmeshobbies.com/product.php?productid=412&cat=23&page=1

Replacement armatures for your TorqueMaster PRO motors. Fits most 540 motors made.

Purchasing info listed as follows: Turn, webbing, commutator size

The turn is the wind count. 35t motors are faster than 55t motors.

Webbing is the thickness of the armature web, in millimeters. 5mm web is slower and has better efficiency. 4mm web is faster and produces slightly more power.

Commutator size is the diameter of the comm in millimeters. 10mm comm fits TorqueMaster Pro endbell, 7.5mm comm fits in the TorqueMaster Sport endbell as well as many old racing motors. The 10mm comm is makes a motor slightly slower, less powerful, but has better low speed control and wear life. The 7.5mm comm speeds up the motor, increases the power a bit, but wears faster.

__________________________________________________ ________________________

John,

I have a question about the 4mm vs 5mm web on your motors. What is the difference between the two? What are advantages and dis-advantages?

Regards,
Wes

Wes,

The 4mm web makes more speed and power, the 5mm web makes more torque and power will peak at a lower rpm. We mostly use the 5mm web currently, but the next batch we are going to offer the 45t, 35t, and custom motors with the 4mm web for people that want a nudge more wheelspeed.

JRH
Owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

bob1961
03-24-2012, 03:21 PM
yeah i have his 30T with 4mm web on the way for my truck fer that lil bit more wheel speed when i need "want" it....if your at any scale comp's you can drive my truck to see the differnce if any..........bob