PDA

View Full Version : Tekin 35t Motor not working

PontiacGT201
10-27-2010, 03:39 AM
Hey guys,
well I ran my scx10 w/ tekin 35t motor in water. I took the motor apart tonight to make sure there was no water still in the motor, put the motor back together like it should be. so I plug it in and it wont work. going foward on the motor it does nothing at all. going in reverse on the motor it sparks and bearly moves.

i have no clue whats wrong with it. so im gonna be bringing it to the the SVSC Scaler meet on Nov 7th. Hope someone can help me out and get it fixed and running before the comp starts.

thanks,
Darren

JSLICK
10-27-2010, 10:53 AM
PM Marzzz or Quirk they are motor guys.

freak
10-27-2010, 11:47 AM
PM Marzzz he is a motor guy.
or active they both use to cut coms and rebuild their motors between heats when they raced dirt oval

Quirk
10-27-2010, 11:59 AM
Make sure you put it back together at 0 deg timing
Check your brushes, they might be toast
Check the comm for any gunk

Marrzz and active are both good with motors. PM them

PontiacGT201
10-27-2010, 09:17 PM
yeah im gonna have to contact them cause I really got no clue on how to do the stuff Quirk just said., lol. never really worked on motors.

cause I dont think ill be going to the next scaler meet, unless I get the motor running

Quirk
10-27-2010, 11:01 PM
There should be marks on the endbell and also on the can, these are timing marks. For crawlers 0 degree is good, maybe a little more, there should be marks somewhere. I don't have Tekin motors, so I am not sure what they look like on their motors, take a few pictures for us to look at. As a rule of thumb for us motor dummies is to mark the can and endbell before you take it apart, so it can be put back together the same position. I am not a motor guy, I only limp my way through making my motors work.

If the brushes are burnt, chipped, or just plain beat up looking then it is time to toss new ones in

Look at the contact area that the brushes touch on the armature (commutator) it is copper. If it looks burned/black/rough, then your comm may need to be cut.

If you plan on using your truck in water, then a stock 27T "silver can" motor is your best bet, use it until it dies, toss it, then toss another in. Water and mud are tough on motors.

Take a few pictures, maybe we can get you up and rolling

JSLICK
10-28-2010, 02:55 AM
For now just go pick up a 27turn for the scale thing with SVSC and tinker with the "broke " one later.

active
10-28-2010, 04:35 AM
send it to me - send me your addy i'll shoot you out a 27 turn - lord knows i have 50 or more - i'll rebuild it and go over it - and send it back - its all good bro

PontiacGT201
10-28-2010, 05:24 PM
cool man. ill have it mailed out on friday or Saturday. I know your good with motors