PDA

View Full Version : Input on locations for next season (Comp. Crawler)

JSLICK
10-18-2010, 10:43 PM
I need the club to setp up and put out some ideas of where you would like to have our comps. I would like to do 10 comp this coming season.
So start listing them.

I liked St. Peter's and Actives is always a blast.

Quirk
10-18-2010, 11:30 PM
I have to setup a GTG at the farm, we can set up a permanent private crawl spot

PontiacGT201
10-19-2010, 12:50 AM
Actives place, I liked the place that SVSC had the oct scaler meet. Sam Lewis State Park

freak
10-19-2010, 01:48 AM
i like the perm course at the farm 8-)

brazwewn
10-19-2010, 02:14 AM
The usual suspects are good for me, but it will vary due to where people live. Since I am in Allentown, I can kind of split the GSRC stomping grounds and the SVSC ones. Below are my favorites. I left off Sam Lewis, cause I heard the Park Ranger was giving them a hard time about going there. Active's is really cool, but a long haul for me. The farm sounds good, but I have never been there, so hard to add it to the list. I would also like to try some spots out by Cabella's, but that would be pure speculation. I only heard there might be some good stuff around there.

Green Lane
Palmerton
Ringing Rock
St Peters
Lock 12
Money Rocks

Wes

freak
10-19-2010, 02:21 AM
The usual suspects are good for me, but it will vary due to where people live. Since I am in Allentown, I can kind of split the GSRC stomping grounds and the SVSC ones. Below are my favorites. I left off Sam Lewis, cause I heard the Park Ranger was giving them a hard time about going there. Active's is really cool, but a long haul for me. The farm sounds good, but I have never been there, so hard to add it to the list. I would also like to try some spots out by Cabella's, but that would be pure speculation. I only heard there might be some good stuff around there.

Green Lane
Palmerton
Ringing Rock
St Peters
Lock 12
Money Rocks

Wes
talk to subarubannedboy over at gsrcrc he works at cabellas

freak
10-19-2010, 02:25 AM
even tho its a trip for some i like the area above the falls at hacklebarney and there was a lot of good scale spots at schoolies mtn

JSLICK
10-19-2010, 02:44 AM
This post was originally for the comp crawlers. If we need to put up another section for brainstorming for the scale rigs we can do that.

Gimp
10-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Doc's place (Rockhouse)

freak
10-19-2010, 02:50 AM
This post was originally for the comp crawlers. If we need to put up another section for brainstorming for the scale rigs we can do that.
oops lol still schoolies mtn was great with the exception of the huge *** drop in2 the water hazard and the spot above and below the falls at hacklebarney is still good esp the spot below the falls :ugeek:

JSLICK
10-19-2010, 02:55 AM
Yes,

Rock House (2X)
Green Lane (2X ?)
St. Peter's (2X ?)
Ringing Rocks
Palmerton
(new) Ringing Rocks in Pottstown (G2G ? lots of possibilities)
Actives
The Farm (quirk)
Money Rocks (G2G ?)
Lock 12 (G2G ?)
Sam Lewis State Park (G2G ?)

I guess it does not have to be PA specific
Hacklebarney
Schooleys

I hope we can do at least 1 joint EPARCC / GSRCRC comp

Keep them coming, the last 3 are they more scale or Comp Crawler??

Gimp
10-19-2010, 02:59 AM
Sam Lewis caters to both. Awesome place!

brazwewn
10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Lock 12 and Money Rocks can do both. I think that Lock 12 is a little better for comp rigs, but Money Rocks is a toss up. Lots of good rocks and lots of good trails. One is on the West side of Reading and the other is on the East side of Reading.

Lock 12
River Rd
Airville PA 17302

Money Rocks
932 Navron Rd
Salisbury, PA 17555

Wes

active
10-20-2010, 07:41 PM
green lane - love it

ringing rocks - eh its ok - but great for a comp

the farm (johns place) - herd nothing but great things about it