PDA

View Full Version : Sidewinder not communicating

brazwewn
08-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I seem to be having the worst luck lately. My sidewinder ESC is not communicating with the link. The other day it worked fine. I tried to hook it up to the link and no go. Now it will not spin the motor over either. At first I was hoping it was jsut a communication problem and I wouldn't be able to update. Now I am a little worried. Any thoughts about this.

Wes

StartGateCrasher
08-05-2010, 10:23 PM
Was the link hooked up the right way... I hooked it up backwards once and had the same issue... some times on the micro sidewinder you have to re-arm it if you loose the link to your receiver. Hold the throttle till you hear the sounds, then full reverse till you here the sounds then nutral till you hear the sounds then it engages. Other than that no clue.

brazwewn
08-06-2010, 01:05 AM
I will try holding the trigger when I turn it on. The link was in the correct way. I tested the motor by running straight off a battery. I then tried the receiver from my comp rig. I got the receiver to power up, so the BEC is working. The problem is no little lights come on when I turn it on. I thought maybe the servo wire had a short, so I soldered on a brand new one from my LHS. I am pretty sure it is fried. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I am also taking donations for my new ESC fund. :lol:

Wes

Quirk
08-06-2010, 01:14 AM
Did you get it wet or anything?

Castle does have a return program, $35 gets you another 1/10th SideWinder

I did have a Mamba Max that had a simialr issue, I took it out of the case, cleaned the board and case, put it back together and it worked great, I traded it and last I knew it is still working fine

brazwewn
08-06-2010, 02:05 AM
What is the policy on one that got wet and or the servo wire being changed out? Or perhaps one that got the circuit board sprayed with liquid electric tape? If the policy is loosy goosy count me in for a cheap $35 fix.

Wes

Did you get it wet or anything?

Castle does have a return program, $35 gets you another 1/10th SideWinder

I did have a Mamba Max that had a simialr issue, I took it out of the case, cleaned the board and case, put it back together and it worked great, I traded it and last I knew it is still working fine

Quirk
08-06-2010, 02:24 AM
They say nothing about "modified" they have a flat $35 rate for SideWinders. Give it a try, they will send you a refurb most likely, but as long as it works, it is better than the one you have now.

brazwewn
08-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Boxed up and ready to ship. Thanks for the help. So far, I am impressed with the service from CC. I will be breaking down and boxing my ESC to waterproof this time. I wanted to avoid that, but I will give it a try. I am just afraid it will get too hot with no air movement. Maybe I can get a box with a removable lid and just put it on when I know there will be water. Looks like a trip to Walmart is in my future.

Wes