PDA

View Full Version : Class 2 rule question

That_Wood_Bumper_Guy
01-15-2014, 06:12 AM
In class 2, can I run a tf2 with no bed on it? Wouldnt it be the same thing as running a honcho?

Quirk
01-15-2014, 06:12 PM
Are you planning on a tube bed? Or do you mean no bed at all with exposed chassis?

A Honcho is considered a tube bed, since there is rail chassis behind the cab

That_Wood_Bumper_Guy
01-15-2014, 10:50 PM
No bed, exposed rails. I want to build it similar to Fred Williams Toyota

Quirk
01-15-2014, 11:57 PM
Post up a picture of what you looking at.

Winnerone23
01-16-2014, 04:45 AM
AL! No shi@... I was just looking for ur number yesterday. I have a Tf2 now and thought maybe you had a part or two extra..

Glad to see ya pop up!

That_Wood_Bumper_Guy
01-16-2014, 03:59 PM
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t270/jeepman1977/131_0512_lift_01_z_1986_toyota_pick.jpg (http://s162.photobucket.com/user/jeepman1977/media/131_0512_lift_01_z_1986_toyota_pick.jpg.html)

Im looking to build something like this.

Fixed it for you (JSLICK)

That_Wood_Bumper_Guy
01-16-2014, 04:00 PM
I dont think I have any spare parts, just enough to get mine running

Quirk
01-16-2014, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it like that, it has some tube work kind if bed like and the chassis itself is mostly covered with "baskets" holding scale items.

I will post this to the rules committee, but I don't see much of an issue. I will say that I am not a fan of exposed chassis rails.
I remember at Rausch one competitor had somewhat exposed rails but he did have a tow boom and tow sling on the back so it was finished and completed the look of the truck.

That_Wood_Bumper_Guy
01-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Ok cool. I'm usually not a fan of exposed rails either but there's something about that truck i like. I don't plan on doing everything pictured like the tubedoors or a full interior but that will come with time. Since the class 2 is split up with the points system could i run this in the lesser of the two classes as long as i kept it under the 15 scale points cut off limit?

brazwewn
01-17-2014, 07:45 AM
I am not near my computer to check the rules, but I believe there is specific wording around the exposed chassis rails. Going from memory, so may be off here. If you don't have a bed or a covering, the back needs to be tube grafted to the rails. Personally, I don't have an issue. The problem is if we allow it and someone ones along they can get bent out of shape because it is out of compliance. Probably best to read through the rules and see for yourself. We can give you a hand interpreting them though.

Wes

That_Wood_Bumper_Guy
01-18-2014, 07:33 AM
Thank you for any and all input, I have read the rules and it seems like a gray area on this subject. I first contacted Jslick on this and he told me it would be best to post here and let everyone weigh in on the subject. I don't really see anything other than what I've attached below. I'd like to finish it this way and comp with it but if the rules won't allow then I'll just deal with it, no big deal.

•You must run a rail chassis (for example: Bruiser/Mountaineer, SCX-10, Reign RC K2-3S, 3L, 4, 5, MFM, X-Trail, CR-01, UTE, etc...). No TVP (twin vertical plate) chassis' or frame rail extensions on a TVPs. Tub chassis' are allowed, but chassis must be covered by the body and follow all other scale rules per class guidelines. An example of a tub chassis vehicle is CC-01, DF01, Twin Hammers, etc.