PDA

View Full Version : Motor question

stevetate12
01-03-2014, 05:37 PM
Hey guy I got this landy kit together and I'm having no problems...but I was wondering ....im running a tamiya silver can motor (27t) and stock gearing 14/64......this rig weighs in at 8.5 lbs......have any of you had motor heat problems in scalees like these that are really heavy?.....should I gear down ya think ...again in not having a problem..i beat it up downstairs last night..wheel spin/climbing up a table top up.the stairs...i did push it and the motor wasn't burning but it was warm that's what made me think of this...it will Prolly be pretty cold out Sunday so it may no be a problem...i just haven't though about gearing outside of racing....lol..any input would be helpful

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

brazwewn
01-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Hey guy I got this landy kit together and I'm having no problems...but I was wondering ....im running a tamiya silver can motor (27t) and stock gearing 14/64......this rig weighs in at 8.5 lbs......have any of you had motor heat problems in scalees like these that are really heavy?.....should I gear down ya think ...again in not having a problem..i beat it up downstairs last night..wheel spin/climbing up a table top up.the stairs...i did push it and the motor wasn't burning but it was warm that's what made me think of this...it will Prolly be pretty cold out Sunday so it may no be a problem...i just haven't though about gearing outside of racing....lol..any input would be helpful

What voltage battery are you running? I am not familiar with that transmission. You can look at the Axial gearing matrix to get some examples. If you are really motivated, a specific one can be buitl with Excel. Probably not needed, but for the anal it could be a fun project. If you are not getting hot enough to melt stuff, probably not a big deal though.

Wes

stevetate12
01-03-2014, 09:40 PM
Yeah I think axial final drive ends up being 50 ish to 1....this one is less.....comes with a 32p 14t pinion I put an 11t in there and well see what happens....just seemed like something I should pay attention to ....running a 2s lipo...and that's kinda what I thought too.....im not meting anything.......yet.....lol