PDA

View Full Version : new lipo for the MRC

JSLICK
06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
I am a big baby when it comes to new things. I know this is not a big deal but I am nervous about putting Deans plugs on the new batteries I got. I am looking for any tips or tutorials becaues I don't want to burn down myself or my house. :? :?

Tin Soldier
06-12-2010, 11:44 PM
Do only one wire at a time so you don't short it out. Make sure your iron is good and hot before starting so you don't melt anything by holding the heat there. Pretty easy. Don't forget the shrink tube on the wire first. :-) Trust me, unsoldering to put that thing back on is just sucky. :)

brazwewn
06-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Here are some additional tips. Use a set of vice grips to hold the Deans. Heat one tab, being careful not ot melt the plastic, and place a load of solder on the tab. Next tin the wire, which means loading it up with solder. Now, go back to the Deans tab and reheat the solder. When melted insert the wire and give it a second to melt together. Remove heat and hold steady for a second until the sheen changes. As mentioned before, do not forget the heat shrink. If they are real Deans there will be a "+" and a "-" on the plug. Do not get them backwards. If you need hep just let me know.

Wes

JSLICK
06-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Thanks All :D

StartGateCrasher
06-13-2010, 01:25 AM
i feel ya, I just put deans on my 3 new lipo's it I was nervous a first then I figured out what wes sugested and it was trouble free.

Tin Soldier
06-13-2010, 11:20 AM
My soldering iron sucks, so I always have the hobby shop do it for me. :) Or Rich. :-D

JSLICK
06-14-2010, 01:39 AM
got it done, thanks for all the tips, very happy with how it turned out.