PDA

View Full Version : Batery Voltage Diference 7.4 or 11.1 Lipo

StartGateCrasher
06-12-2010, 02:38 AM
I've been seeing alot of 11.1v Lipo bateries... can you run a 2C 11.1v Lipo on any RX that handles a 2C lipo or do you need a special RX for that. I've been reading though my paperwork for the GOAT and it doesn't say anything about the voltage that it can handle... or I'm just missing it which is probly the case. A good comparison between the two would be cool if anyone is electro savy.

Tin Soldier
06-12-2010, 03:06 AM
I've been seeing alot of 11.1v Lipo bateries... can you run a 2C 11.1v Lipo on any RX that handles a 2C lipo or do you need a special RX for that. I've been reading though my paperwork for the GOAT and it doesn't say anything about the voltage that it can handle... or I'm just missing it which is probly the case. A good comparison between the two would be cool if anyone is electro savy.

Lipos come in S's or Cells (or maybe Series), 2S is 7.4v, 3S is 11.4v. You find a 2S 11.4v (someone correct me if I am wrong). Unless you have the Goat 3S you can't run 11.4v. You will fry stuff. The Goat 3S comes with a BEC because the built in one can't bring the juice down enough.

brazwewn
06-12-2010, 03:12 AM
A 2s is a 7.4v battery and a 3s is a 11.1v. If you look at a 2s it has a three prong balance plug. If you look at a 3s it has. 4 prong balance plug. The Goat I believe runs a 2s and 3s battery. When I flew helicopters everyone used voltage, but for some reason they use the 2s or 3z designation for crawlers.

Tin Soldier
06-12-2010, 11:58 AM
The goat came in two model. The standard one I believe, which is what he has, only did 2S. The new one does 3S.

brazwewn
06-12-2010, 12:20 PM
The goat came in two model. The standard one I believe, which is what he has, only did 2S. The new one does 3S.

oh, I thought all the Goat ESCs were dual inputs. I haven't started researching yet. My next purchase is a new ESC. The Rooster will head over to my Jeep. The Axial ESC really sucks.

Wes

Tin Soldier
06-12-2010, 12:27 PM
I just bought the Goat 3S model with 21.5t brushless for my Losi CCR. Its nice. Lots of features and comes with a BEC. Although I read the BED is not that great. There are a lot of options on the esc for drag brake, throttle and so forth. I set mine up for 150% throttle, 100% reverse, no brake because I have worm gears I don't need brakes. I haven't had time to do the BEC yet or try the 3S battery I have. Maybe once things calm down a bit. Too much going on with the move and all.

Arct1k
06-12-2010, 07:47 PM
The original purple / orange goats only take 2S (2 x 3.7v cells in Series)... The newer goat 3s will obviously take 3s but will need an UBEC for Servo...