PDA

View Full Version : Calling on MOA guys for some help

Tin Soldier
10-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Ok fellas. I am helping someone here build a an XR10. What motor and esc combo do you all recommend for this. I was looking at matched Holmes Hobbies stuff just because I am a dealer for them. What about dig? What ESC? Can I use a BRXL and a punk dig or heyok dig? I have never built a MOA before. :-)

rik
10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
you can use a punk dig, but, dual esc;s is the way to go hands down. i was running 35t's in mine. some like 45t's. all a matter of how much wheels speed one likes. i personally would reccomend dual fxr's or dual mamba micro pro's as the foot print is very small. if running 45t's you could run dual micro sidewinders. 35t's with those esc's may make the esc's a little hot. tho, some have ran that combo with no issues. theres not a lot of room in the chassis once ya start throwing all the elecs in there. hope this helps ya.

oh, one more thing. if your building from the ground up, look into the bushing mod. or vp plates. the stock flanged bearings fail easily resulting in trashed gears. vp cases are the way to go. but the traxxas bushing mod is far cheaper and works well.

brazwewn
10-19-2012, 08:55 PM
Best bet, dual ESCs. Second best is a pink dig. The dual micro sidewinder set up is good. I am switching to it as soon as I get some more $$$.

Wes

the_new_guy
10-19-2012, 10:50 PM
if u have the cash go duel esc i run a mamba max and punk dig cheap and it works again all if you have the money on motors i run 2 intagy 35t like rik said he is going to find out his driving style and swap till he finds someting that works for him