PDA

View Full Version : Radio and recover help

Docthrush
08-06-2012, 11:59 PM
I recently went ahead and got a few roller projects that I thought were neat. Now I am looking at controllers and receivers to go with them as well as the trucks I already have. My goal is to have one brand and one type of controller/receiver for all my trucks. I'd like to be able to use all the trucks at once also if possible ( kids and nephews).
Any ideas would be great, I've been looking at the rc4wd 4 channel controller, the spectrum setups (which seem pricey) and lastly I've read some about the gt3b (but that seems like I may need more omputer/electronics know how than I have).

Thanks
Doc

rik
08-07-2012, 01:15 AM
if ya want the most bang for your buck, go for the hacked gt3b. hacked you can run 4-8 channels. the rx's are around 9 bucks new. and the system can be purchased already hacked to your liking from overkillrc.com a fully decked out hacked radio with all the bells and whistles run around 140 shipped. but, imo, ya really dont need all the bells and whistles. from what i understand the rc4wd setups do not have epa adjustments. but dont quote me on that. and the spektrum's, as you said, are pricey. as are the futaba's and airtronics systems.

Docthrush
08-07-2012, 01:37 AM
Ok. With the gt3b. If I get the hacked version how user friendly are they? Does it require a lot of programming or anything?

rik
08-07-2012, 01:40 AM
Ok. With the gt3b. If I get the hacked version how user friendly are they? Does it require a lot of programming or anything?
to my knowledge, no they dont. no more than setting up any other system. i.e., ya dont need to plug it into the computer. check out overkillrc.com and it gives ya the down low on the pre-hacked version. or just get ahold of Charlie-III on rcc or gsrcrc. i'm not sure if he's on here. but, i have been considering this tx/rx for some time. he showed me his at the last to rausch creek event. thing just works.

Docthrush
08-07-2012, 01:58 AM
Ok. Looks like I'll be going that route. Thanks for the help!

rik
08-07-2012, 02:07 AM
Ok. Looks like I'll be going that route. Thanks for the help!

No problem. Be sure to research further to make sure that's what ya want. I more or less highlighted some key features.

freak
08-07-2012, 12:46 PM
i know i just pickd up a unhaccked gt3b off of ebay new for 44 bux shipped for my kids rig

mr4x4king
08-07-2012, 09:01 PM
hobby parts has new ones with a receiver for 39.95 and extra receivers for 7.40

free shipping over 50 bucks

http://hobbypartz.ecommerce-site-search.com/?query=&query=gt3b&vwcatalog=yhst-62196343123315

rik
08-07-2012, 09:04 PM
just do yourself a favor and get the hacked one. its only 10 bucks more for the base tx/rx and gives you 4-8 proportional channels. it's a no brainer imo lol

justinhinger
08-07-2012, 10:24 PM
I would also go with a hacked gt3b. It seems like you can do anything with them. If your only looking for a simple radio I'd go with the stock gt3b. Keep in mind the stock one is 3 channels but the only problem is the 3rd channel is'nt a 3 position switch.

rik
08-08-2012, 01:06 AM
I would also go with a hacked gt3b. It seems like you can do anything with them. If your only looking for a simple radio I'd go with the stock gt3b. Keep in mind the stock one is 3 channels but the only problem is the 3rd channel is'nt a 3 position switch.

right. and with this aspect of the hobby, you end up needing more and more channels. i started with a 2 ch. then need a 3 ch. so i bought a spektrum system. now i need 4 channels. i wish this system was out when i got my spektrum..