PDA

View Full Version : Class 1 rules question

Tin Soldier
02-27-2012, 11:19 PM
According to rules it has to have to be solid rails from front to back. I am using tube, will that be a problem? And does it even count if the original vehicle was a unibody? Obviously this pertains to my Brat build. I am using heave brake line as a tube frame rail. It will have two rails just like a standard chassis, but I also put in a "pan" since the original subes were unibody, I wondered if that would be a problem? Not that I would ever probably try to comp with it, but.....

brazwewn
02-27-2012, 11:34 PM
I wouldnt have a problem. I mean you are really just using round material instead of square or c channel. What are others thoughts?

Wes

justinhinger
02-27-2012, 11:54 PM
If that would be acceptable in class 1 would my class 3 be ok to run in class 2 if I put smaller tires on it?

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx279/justinhinger/IMAG0732.jpg

Tin Soldier
02-27-2012, 11:56 PM
No, because the rules specifically mention solid frame rail running entire length. Your's is a tuber with breaks and welds. Different from what I am doing.

ALthough I guess if I look real hard I can sort of tell one tube makes up the frame. Still not quite what I have going on there. I guess there has to be a way to tell the difference, but really mine would maybe more line up with CC01 rules since it's a unibody type design?

DIRTY
02-28-2012, 12:29 AM
According to rules it has to have to be solid rails from front to back. I am using tube, will that be a problem? And does it even count if the original vehicle was a unibody? Obviously this pertains to my Brat build. I am using heave brake line as a tube frame rail. It will have two rails just like a standard chassis, but I also put in a "pan" since the original subes were unibody, I wondered if that would be a problem? Not that I would ever probably try to comp with it, but.....
i think the issue you will find with using just brakeline is the durability wont be there. you'll be bending and flexing out of square. i would have no issues with it myself, but you may in the long run. just sayin.

If that would be acceptable in class 1 would my class 3 be ok to run in class 2 if I put smaller tires on it?

http://i763.photobucket.com/albums/xx279/justinhinger/IMAG0732.jpg

sorry bud, tubers go in the "modified" class, aka class 3. no buggies like your rig are street legal, even lick - n - stick for that matter.