PDA

View Full Version : Spare tire carrier...

DIRTY
02-20-2012, 04:33 PM
I was over on rCc browsing the 2012 rules thread and it looks like the requirement that a spare tire carrier MUST be bumper mounted to be counted as such has been lifted. At least on a national level. Is this something that we may want to incorporate before the season starts? Perhaps a vote among the committee?

DIRTY
02-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Correction, it looks like the bumper mounted carrier criteria was moved completely as per sloppy on rcc. So there is the option of functional or non functional. Nationally of course.

marzzz23
02-20-2012, 07:16 PM
so if its body mounted and functional its ok? for the club rules

brazwewn
02-20-2012, 07:35 PM
2011:
Spare tire carrier (must be bumper mounted): ‐1

2012:Tow strap, -D-ring, Pull Pal, sand ladder, hitch, opening doors and hood, spare tire mount, etc. - 1 each

2012 EPA Version:
Functional items (max -8 pts): item -1
- Spare Tire Mount

We have already updated the SORRCA rules, with EPA addendums attached. Same points as before, but no longer has to be bumper mounted. The only difference between the SORRCA version and EPA version, besides the addendums, is the formatting. It is a lot easier to follow in our version. If we need to make changes, we can look at them and create a enw version.

Wes

DIRTY
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
so if its body mounted and functional its ok? for the club rules

yes dave, you are correct.

DIRTY
02-20-2012, 08:07 PM
2011:
Spare tire carrier (must be bumper mounted): ‐1

2012:Tow strap, -D-ring, Pull Pal, sand ladder, hitch, opening doors and hood, spare tire mount, etc. - 1 each

2012 EPA Version:
Functional items (max -8 pts): item -1
- Spare Tire Mount

We have already updated the SORRCA rules, with EPA addendums attached. Same points as before, but no longer has to be bumper mounted. The only difference between the SORRCA version and EPA version, besides the addendums, is the formatting. It is a lot easier to follow in our version. If we need to make changes, we can look at them and create a enw version.

Wes

did not notice these changes first time through, i stand corrected..err you know what i mean. lol

JSLICK
02-20-2012, 08:22 PM
So basicly have a functional tire carrier of some sort and get the - points.

bob1961
02-20-2012, 08:48 PM
So basicly have a functional tire carrier of some sort and get the - points.

my spare tire holder is on my roll bar for the bed of my truck, which is frame mounted as a bumper would be....so i'm good for a spare tire holder points....i think if you have an SUV/station wagon type body you need to have a bumper mounted spare tire, but in a pick up truck body the spare tire is most likely in the bed anyway......bob