PDA

View Full Version : Wraith help.....

Docthrush
02-15-2012, 11:56 PM
Got a wraith last week and used it once, today went to use it and it doesn't turn on, no lights, sounds or anything. Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or words of wisdom on how to deal with this.

Thanks
Doc

the_new_guy
02-16-2012, 12:02 AM
check all connections might have lose wire somewhere

Docthrush
02-16-2012, 12:05 AM
Ok Ill go through them again and double check. The esc should light up just plugged into a battery and nothing else though right?

Thanks
Doc

JSLICK
02-16-2012, 12:24 AM
very strange, check the battery in the rig and the TX also.

Docthrush
02-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Ive tried three batteries, made sure they worked in other rigs as well. AHHHHHHHHHH!!!! hate it when things dont work.

DIRTY
02-16-2012, 12:28 AM
This may sound stupid but did you charge the battery? Did it encounter any water on its maiden run? Do you have another esc to test it?

The esc should technically turn on when just plugged into a battery but I would first disconnect it all, then reconnect it making sure all contacts are made and plugs are fully plugged in.

Not trying to sound like a rcc jerkwad, just exploring all possibilities.

Docthrush
02-16-2012, 12:41 AM
Trust me you guys are not anywhere near jerkwads, I GREATLY appreciate the help!!!!!!!

I think that I did go through some puddles when I had it out. And thats not waterproof so guessing that may be the issue?

So assuming that is the issue, any recomendations on replacements?

Thanks
Doc

DIRTY
02-16-2012, 12:52 AM
Trust me you guys are not anywhere near jerkwads, I GREATLY appreciate the help!!!!!!!

I think that I did go through some puddles when I had it out. And thats not waterproof so guessing that may be the issue?

So assuming that is the issue, any recomendations on replacements?

Thanks
Doc
Depends what batteries your running and how much you want to spend on it really.

Docthrush
02-16-2012, 01:11 AM
Right now i dont have any lipo but may get some if its worth it for this.

freak
02-16-2012, 01:13 AM
i know that the esc comes set at lipo as default. and unless you completly dunked the wraith id doubt its the esc. i ran mine thru the snow the other day and it still runs no problems

Docthrush
02-16-2012, 01:33 AM
well just got a return call from axial, going to send it to them and they are going to see whats wrong with it, the guy was very helpfull!!!

freak
02-16-2012, 01:35 AM
well just got a return call from axial, going to send it to them and they are going to see whats wrong with it, the guy was very helpfull!!!
ya they have good cust service there and from what i herd scott is 1 in a million there he will go out of his way to help you

DIRTY
02-16-2012, 01:53 AM
i know that the esc comes set at lipo as default. and unless you completly dunked the wraith id doubt its the esc. i ran mine thru the snow the other day and it still runs no problems

And I have heard from guys that so much as a splash can put then out. And if he ran it before with a nimh pack we know it's NOT because the batteries he's using..

Docthrush
02-16-2012, 01:57 AM
The guy from axial said he didnt seem to think just a splash would do it but could. He said he didnt think they could do much if it was water damage. Going to see what I can find at motorama this weekend.

freak
02-16-2012, 02:16 AM
And I have heard from guys that so much as a splash can put then out. And if he ran it before with a nimh pack we know it's NOT because the batteries he's using..

with nimh batterys it will shut down quicker than a lipo would once it goes past the lvc marc

DIRTY
02-16-2012, 02:22 AM
with nimh batterys it will shut down quicker than a lipo would once it goes past the lvc marc

But it wouldn't kill everything. His servo would still respond.

freak
02-16-2012, 02:40 AM
not necessarily ive had it where a 3300mah nimh pack killed a rig dead with in 5 min of running when the esc was set to lipo

DIRTY
02-16-2012, 02:53 AM
not necessarily ive had it where a 3300mah nimh pack killed a rig dead with in 5 min of running when the esc was set to lipo

Your key word there was "running" not a word that doc used, at least referring to the second run of the thing. I give him the benifit of the doubt that his battery was charge upon sticking it in the rig and plugging it in. So no response what so ever would lead me to believe the esc is experiencing issues.

That is all.

Docthrush
02-17-2012, 01:24 AM
It wasnt running at all the second time. :(

DIRTY
02-22-2012, 10:51 PM
It wasnt running at all the second time. :(

Still having problems? Or have you replaced the esc already?