PDA

View Full Version : antenna help

gearstripper
12-16-2011, 07:49 PM
What is best way to run antenna wire in a tube frame??? New radio is 2.4 and they say not to bend antenna. Old radio I just wraped around a antenna tree. thanks Bob

active
12-18-2011, 03:40 AM
What is best way to run antenna wire in a tube frame??? New radio is 2.4 and they say not to bend antenna. Old radio I just wraped around a antenna tree. thanks Bob

dont wrap around a metal tube frame - just loop in a circle and small zip tie and attach to plastic or lexan - metal causes odd things to happen from time to time

freak
12-18-2011, 11:59 PM
another thing ive seen guys do is crack the case open and coil the antenna inside the case

Quirk
12-19-2011, 12:30 AM
The RX antenna is so short in 2.4 Ghz that you just need to fasten it somewhere.. I am not sure about bending the RX antenna, it is just a wire I don't see an issue. What I have seen is the warning not to bend the antenna on the TX, are you getting these mixed up?