PDA

View Full Version : Rims stripping HELP!

rik
09-13-2011, 10:59 PM
was just out re-fine tuning the lcc and noticed both front tires wobbling when making a turn. upon inspection i noticed that both the aluminum hexes had "spun" inside the rim. i noticed that the wheel nuts were a little loose. but here's the thing. this is the 2nd set of rims this has happened to. the wheel nuts were lock-tited on. so 2 ?'s. 1) the rims on it are not completely shot. is there something i can do to make them usable for the comp? and 2) has this happened to any one else? i'm thinking i'm gonna slap another set of hexes on it and see if that helps.

if it matters, here's the set up

Mamba Max Pro ESC on 3S
18.5t B/L Ballistic motor
Overdriven front (with HD's)
Stock rear worms
hb sedonas

thanks,
rik

DIRTY
09-13-2011, 11:48 PM
Maybe JB weld a set of deposable hexes in the wheels? Just to be able to use them for the comp. As far as stopping it from happening again I have no advice, lol I have the same issue with the GayK and I just can't figure it out. But the nuts never back out enough to make slop and round the hex. They just get so loose and that's it.

brazwewn
09-14-2011, 12:32 AM
Sorry, I've never spun the hexes on any of my wheels.

Wes

active
09-14-2011, 12:43 AM
never spun a hex but broke a few hex pins

JSLICK
09-14-2011, 12:50 AM
I have extra stock wheels I'll trade you for the chassis.

Gimp
09-14-2011, 01:21 AM
The nylon insert in the nuts are worn due to use. Grab a new set and slap em on. If you are using thread lock, it takes 24 hours to fully cure.

May want to look into wheels. You'll never go back to plastic after aluminum.