PDA

View Full Version : Scale comp Series Question

RickB
08-01-2011, 04:59 PM
Are we still planning on dropping the 2 highest scoring comps from our final scores? I believe this was the case at the beginning of the year but I don't think it's actually stated anywhere. I think I remember Wes saying it was so however. Can we make this absolutely clear?

brazwewn
08-01-2011, 05:20 PM
The scale comps, from what I remember are not dropping the two highest. If I remember correctly we were just doing that on the 1.9, 2.2 and supers.

Wes

JSLICK
08-01-2011, 07:34 PM
With the scale comp we are not dropping any scores. Only in the comp crawler season as Wes stated. If this is something we would like to think about for next year it is a possibility and open for discussion and a vote at the end of the season at our bi-yearly meeting.

brazwewn
08-01-2011, 07:47 PM
Speaking of our bi-annual meeting. I assume that will be held at the picnic.

Wes

JSLICK
08-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Yes it should be scheduled for then. I will put up a post on the home page to remind club members later. This will be the time to go over the year and see what worked and what we can tweak for next year.

brazwewn
08-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Let's hope for better weather.

Wes

RickB
08-02-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm not sure why we are doing it differently for the scalers but so be it if that's the way it is. I think we should definitely put this to a vote at least for next year.

brazwewn
08-02-2011, 02:29 AM
I think the original idea was because of being three separate series. Probably worth a vote for the overall points for the year.

Wes

JSLICK
08-02-2011, 01:27 PM
the raitonal was that they were going to be 3 seperate series with 4 comps per series. No one would benifit from droping a score in a series. For the over all winner it might not be a bad idea. However I am not sure how much difference it will make. If a discussion is in order so be it.

RickB
08-03-2011, 01:07 AM
I'm fine with it the way it is. When I raced oval an you missed a week, you didn't get the points. I totally understand that. I was really just asking for clarity. It could make a huge difference to anyone who missed a comp. Dropping 150 points from your total could really change things. Again, I'm fine with not doing it. I don't think someone that made every comp should have to drop a negative score, as this would certainly penalize this person, while rewarding someone who missed a comp. The most I'd want to see is the option for a driver to drop a comp score or even two, but keep all the scores if he wanted to. It might be worth voting on for next year, but certainly don't change things if it wasn't the plan at the start of this season.

JSLICK
08-03-2011, 01:30 AM
It would be a good thing to bring up at the meeting at the end of the season.